PDA

View Full Version : This will make you cry....

steveo
06-06-13, 18:46
Over the last few months, a story has been going around the internet about a young man, Zach Sobiech, diagnosed with terminal cancer and was told he only had months to live.

He decided to use that time to live as much as he could and write music to express himself. One of his songs, "Clouds", got millions of views worldwide.

I just learnt that he finally passed away last month but found the most beautiful short documentary about him.

It's both very upsetting yet truly heart warming and inspiring. It had me in floods of tears but I urge you all to watch it.

It might just change the way you live your life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9NjKgV65fpo#!

daisydaisy
08-06-13, 15:52
What a beautiful person he was and an inspiration. His family seem amazing too. I love his song and although obviously very poignant it's beautiful at the same time. Thanks for sharing.

steveo
08-06-13, 17:25
Heartbreaking isn't it! It almost doesn't seem real.

It's strangely a very beautiful thing though too. It puts my life into perspective. Here is a guy 10 years younger than me, face to face with death yet not giving up. And me, face to face with fear of nothing but have totally given up on life.

daisydaisy
09-06-13, 16:53
I know what you mean I felt guilty watching it thinking goodness here is someone who doesn't know how long they have just living life to the full and he must physically be in pain or be feeling things too but he's just going for it and living every day to the fullest.

Don't be too hard on yourself mental health is so complex we don't know why we feel this way we just do- but we will recover or we'll reach a place where we feel better or free- and whilst we're getting to that place we can think about the film too and remind ourselves to try and live life to the full and take opportunities or to take pleasure in the simple things in life.

I think they may have a similar documentary on you tube of a guy named Alex. It was a documentary made for BBC 3 and I think he had a similar illness. It really touched me and it lives with me in my mind how brave and determined he was. It was called 'Alex: a life fast forward'. If you were touched by the other film you may want to watch this too.

Daisy

AuntieMoosie
10-06-13, 00:57
I so want to watch this but I so just can't right now.

Hopefully as I feel stronger, I'll be able to watch it though.

dreamies
10-06-13, 01:46
Beautiful and devastating.