PDA

View Full Version : Howdy all

Anxious_Hermit
06-06-13, 22:18
Hi I'm Ellie,

Reading some of the other posts on here I really don't have anything to complain about but in the past I have suffered depression but since being out of the situation that caused it I now seem to suffer several periods of intense anxiety throughout the year.

I keep trying to get to grips with CBT but I don't think I apply myself to it for long enough although I appreciate how the process helps.

I don't normally take medication but today it got so bad convincing myself to go to work and then just wanting to cry at my desk because I felt like one raw nerve twitching at every movement and voice, that I went to the doctors. I opted for taking some beta blockers and really focusing on CBT at this point and hoping that things will relax back down.

My inability to drive causing travel issues for training at work and being very busy at work have contributed in making me feel a very insecure and like a failure although rationally I know I'm not. Some days my mind is so confused it's like it's filled with a white noise of worried and scared thoughts and I just want to leave so I can get on with my life.

Anyway feels good to share this and read all your stories.

Cheers :)

Annie0904
06-06-13, 22:21
Hi Ellie :welcome: I am sure you will find lots of help and support here. I can relate to the symptoms you describe, they are classic symptoms of anxiety. I found CBT very helpful, stick with it and hopefully it will help you also.

Mark13
08-06-13, 00:36
Glad to have you with us, Ellie.

I've found a great deal of support and guidance since I've been here.

I'm sure you will too.