PDA

View Full Version : Reflux is back?!

Orange Lightning
06-06-13, 22:32
I need an honest answer here; can anxiety CAUSE acid reflux or is it always the other way around? It's not a question of me having GERD/ LPR/ reflux and anxiety making it worse. I've done all I can for both my anxiety and reflux. I'm still taking setraline, lansoprazole, multivitamins and gaviscon advance. I stop myself from burping if I can and I have been following Dr Kouffman's reflux diet for ages. The strange thing is when I eat bad foods I actually feel a little better. Someone treated me to a mcdonalds and chocolate t'other day and I didn't get any reflux at all. On the other hand, no matter how much/what I eat on a given day, drinking even water gives me a burning sensation in ky throat, a gassy feeling in.my throat/guts and of course; reflux (and mucus in my throat as always!). On a completely different day I followed tge reflux diet to a tee and woke up the next morning burping up liquid despite my elevated bed and not eating 3 hours before lying down.

I can't think of any constant triggers for my symptoms except maybe anxiety. However 3 different pharmacists say that isn't possible. I'm at my wits end!! What am I doing wrong?

bibliophilic
06-06-13, 22:43
Anxiety makes my reflux go insane.

illgetthere
06-06-13, 23:09
Orange I suffer your exact symptoms daily and I hate every bit of it I hot my appointment on the 26th June with a gi doctor I seriously need help with it x

swajj
07-06-13, 12:43
Anxiety can definitely cause acid reflux according to my doctor.