PDA

View Full Version : Lymph nodes again!

Munchlet
07-06-13, 07:27
I posted a couple of days ago about a sore patch under one arm which I thought might be a node, I couldn't feel anything and it went in a day but then yesterday the other side started hurting. Again I couldn't feel anything and because it was both sides it kind of made me feel better if they made sense and I put it down to my period being due and I do feel a bit run down.

Now I've had quite a lot of spots on one side of my face around the chin area and they have been like little boils again down to wonderful hormones! Well last night I thought that side of my face under my jaw felt a bit sore.

I've got up this morning and I have a small marble sized lump I can feel on that side which is really painful. I've also been getting pain running along to my ear on the same side and inside my mouth the teeth on the lower jaw feel a bit sore/sensitive.

So I'm now panicking about this lymph node and why the ones under my arms have been sore as well.

I do feel really run down and teary, obviously the spots and period being due aren't helping as I'm not eating well and generally feeling sorry for myself.

My question is, is it likely this node is due to the spots I've been getting? I don't normally worry about nodes but I seem to be going through a phase of noticing and feeling them at the minute which isn't good :weep:

MoonlightFire
08-06-13, 11:40
Hi Munchlet

Sorry to hear you're not feeling too good.

I've had worries about lymph nodes in the past. Spots (especially the boil type ones you describe) can definitely enlarge your lymph nodes under your arms a bit. Don't worry if they're a bit sore...that's normal! I have one under my jaw which gets quite big and sore when I have a mouth ulcer or a spot. The ones under my arms play up from time to time but I've learnt to ignore them. It's just your body doing it's job! My advice is do not poke them about! If you keep feeling your lymph nodes they will get irritated and feel sorer! Try and leave them be. They should settle down by themselves once the spots have gone IF you stop poking them!

Hope you start to feel better soon.

M xxx

Munchlet
08-06-13, 11:57
Thanks MoonlightFire

The ones under my arms I can't feel they just seem to get a bit sore from time to time but it always seems to be a few days after I've shaved so I'm thinking maybe it's a reaction to the shaving.

The one I can feel is under my jaw, it hurts like hell and as I say I've had a quite a few boil type spots on my chin that side but I've also got a really sore gum on that side feels like a big ulcer so I'm trying to stay calm and just put it down to all thats going on.

thanks for the reply and advice :D

MoonlightFire
08-06-13, 12:10
You're very welcome :)

Well my lymph node under my jaw ALWAYS gets sore when I have a mouth ulcer. Infact it's sore now! It's fighting off the bugs from the ulcer. See how it goes over the next few days - it should settle down once the ulcer and spots have gone :)

M xxx

Apple81
08-06-13, 13:22
Munchlet- I agree. Sounds like your body's doing its job and fighting an infection . I've had acne that's caused enlarged nodes x

Munchlet
08-06-13, 15:31
Thanks guys I'm feeling a bit calmer about it now so just going to keep an eye on it over the next few days and see what happens.

thanks again.

Doudou
22-04-16, 02:27
Hi Munchlet, I was wondering even if your mouth ulcer is little like 1-2millimeters do you get a swollen node?

Fishmanpa
22-04-16, 03:14
This thread is going on three years old. The OP was logged in a couple of weeks ago. Suffice it to say the result of the issue was benign.

Positive thoughts