PDA

View Full Version : immune system

megs
25-06-04, 18:04
I'm really worried that my immune system won't work properly because of my anxiety state. My daughter has recently had her polio vaccine and I'm forever gettin her poo no my hands and I've always got little cuts on my hands. The nurse said I should still be immunised from school as I'm only 24 but I'm really worried that my body wouldn't be able to fight it. Does anyone know anything about this?

Megs

stimpy
25-06-04, 19:18
As long as you make sure you wash your hands properly, I see no reason to worry.
If it makes you feel better, get some antibacterial handwash.

Wear gloves when you garden or do anything outdoors that involves handling soil. Cat and Dog poo is the thing you really have to be careful of, as that contains lots of nasties.
As long as you wash your hands well with soap and water after outdoor activities and cleaning up stinky bottoms, especially before you eat or prepare any food. You should be fine.

The human body does some amazing things, more than we give it credit for.
I shouldn't worry too much about it, basic hygenic practices take care of most nasties that will do you harm.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

seh1980
25-06-04, 21:52
Hi Megs,

As far as I know (according to what I've read)your immune system isn't affected by anxiety so don't worry - you should be just as strong!!

Sarah (seh1980)