PDA

View Full Version : mild heartburn all day

mags1501
07-06-13, 17:32
I've had mild heartburn for 3 weeks now every day from when I get up to when I go to bed. My dr put me on omeprazole for 2 weeks and after a week the started to work. I then stopped and the heartburn has started again almost immediately so I'm starting to take the meds again. I think it's heartburn, I have a burning sensation from the top of my stomach up to the top of my throat and lots of burping and bloating. I'm trying to eat healthily but nothing seems to have changed. I can't get an appt with my dr until a week monday :mad:

Does this sound like acid reflux to you?, it's come totally out of the blue and I've never had heartburn/acid before

I had a cough as well but that pretty much stopped after taking the tablets for a few days as the dr thought it was all connected.

Any help or advice would be appreciated I just worry so much

Thanks

illgetthere
07-06-13, 17:57
It sure is I live with it 24/7 for 2 years I hope it dont get worse for you cause mine is horendous was diagnosed earlier this year with a hiatus hernia I go to see a gi doctor 26th this month x

AlexandriaUK
07-06-13, 19:29
Keep taking the tablets till you see your Dr, if you haven't got many then do what my OH does and take 1 every 2 days, but if he stops he gets it back really bad, no bread or pastry or fatty foods for a while and when you get it if you can drink boiled cooled water, drink about a cup full straight down and stay standing as too much sitting on comp can cause stomach to rise under diaphragm, stand for 5 mins, walk about.

Pseudonym
07-06-13, 21:33
I find curries and coffee pretty bad for causing heartburn.