PDA

View Full Version : Pain in the scalp?

Jimmy28
07-06-13, 23:36
I've read almost all of your posts about brain tumor anxiety, but most of you say that you get pains in your temples or forehead. My problem is that I get the pain in the back of my head or my scalp. I did a CT scan and the results were clear and my doctor told me it's from my neck and back problems (since I have those) and also my anxiety. I wasn't quite convinced and went to two more doctors and they told me the same thing. But I just needed to know, is someone else also having these symptoms? Sharp, shooting pains in the scalp, not temples?

hheavenlyangel
08-06-13, 13:20
I sure do Jimmy28, Its one big vicious cycle. You have a symptom, you get anxious, your muscles tense up, you get even more anxious, you get a dull ache in the back of your neck, your shoulders, after a while you get used to that ache then the pain on your scalp kicks in. It is all from tension, It comes i many forms, from a dull pain to stabbing, one sided, both sides behind the ears raidiating upward - tingling - numb feeling. I get it all. Its ALL from tension and most commonly known as a tension headache.

gem7
08-06-13, 16:06
yes i have had this pain in back of head its anxiety i said to my doctor about been getting pains in back of head he said its anxiety ive had this on and off its horrible i know :hugs:

Jimmy28
10-06-13, 23:04
Thank you both!

Shivmarie
11-06-13, 12:30
yeah my scalp constant feel like its burning, like you i have bt anxiety

uma5608
02-01-15, 20:30
I ve got it now.. Pain in back left side of head! Feels bruised to touch.. Trying not to worry but putting it down to tension etc..