PDA

View Full Version : cubital tunnel? shakiness?

Ccat
08-06-13, 10:59
ok so i have been getting a lot of elbow pain, tingling in arm, pinky finger and next one- looked it up- deffo sounds like cubital tunnel syndrome- both my arms feel bad but my left one has been playing up for ages.

thin is it mentions arms can feel weak (it does) but not shaky- it feels "vibraty a LOT- I

so - has anone had this with this symptom. I thought if muscles feel weak after workout they can feel shaky-

dr says it is "just" anxiety. She tested the strength in my arms and said they felt equal and pricked me with someting- and i could feel it (though i thougt arm felt num- have had a really bad few days - feel i'm going mad! xxx

CharlieM
08-06-13, 11:29
Morning ccat,

Since we chatted earlier in the week, has it got worse or is it just the fact it is there all the time?

Is your neck, shoulder or jaw tense as well? As you know I have had a really bad week, but the pain stays the same in my arm. My neck is def a possible trigger point as I know I tense my jaw shoulder and neck throughout the day.

I am also aware of a vein in my left temple now, so think my blood pressure is a bit high.

My GP did the same arm test and the numbness test on Wednesday. She said it was fine. We must try harder to believe our docs!!! Lol.

Charlie xxxx

Ccat
08-06-13, 18:03
Hi Charlie

Thanks for replying. Its probably just getting to me- as it is still there. You get so sick of it day after day dont you - and the other arm feels funny - probably as i've been using it-leaning on it rather than the left arm.

I had a bad couple of days- as chemist gave me different brand of anti-ds (meant to be the same but side-effects much worse- and i couldn't s;eep for 2 nights! Just goes to show how sensitive our bodies are to changes- i guess!

Have you tried your tablets yet? Have they helped at all?

I am sorry you've been worried about your temple- sometimes when im concerned aout a symptom and focus my mind on that part- it seems to get worse- i understand- its like you said about being worried about your pulse. I have been getting a racing heart- and i feel it bit- then i panic- then it gets worse- then it doesn't seem to be stopping- its horrible.

BTW- I have had a problem with high bp - but oddly after being up all night with a racing heart the other nightr- i went to drs and she took my bp and it was perfesct (isn't usually!)- so weird!

Yes - you are right should try and believe drs! love ccat xxx

kittikat
08-06-13, 18:32
I have had cubital tunnel syndrome, and the symptoms I had sound exactly like what you are experiencing. Do you rest your elbow on a desk or table a lot? This is what caused mine but it did go so I was never sent to the hospital for a nerve function test.

It was also quite frightening with the numbness, shaking and 'pins & needles' I actually thought it was to do with my heart (left arm/hand was affected) and I also suffer high BP which is controlled with meds.

All I can advise is to try not to rest your elbows on a hard surface for too long, once I stopped doing this, the symptoms went and I haven't had it for a while now.

Take care hun, Kitti :) xx

Ccat
08-06-13, 18:45
Ah- thank you Kitti! Yes- I think i do- and also- i had been sleeping with my arm curled up under my head - so I am getting some elbow supports- to try and stop myself doing this!- honestly with that and the tooth grinding!- if i have my arm supports on= and tooth guard- i'll look so alluring in the evening! ha!
I so hope the shakiness dies down with the other symptoms- you assume the worst - of course!
Hope you are ok- did you have the tooth out? hugs, and thank you ,CCat xxx

kittikat
08-06-13, 18:52
Well we'll both be looking very fetching wont we :roflmao:

And yes, like me we always fear the worst...dentist next week :scared15: the damn thing is starting to get very sesnitive now. I left the last one too long and ended up as an emergency as I was in so much pain!! Lesson learned I think. Only eating on the right side for now ;)

Oh, and the shakiness will die down, the tingling and numbness in my fingers was the last thing to go with mine...I hope you feel better soon! xx

Ccat
08-06-13, 22:44
Ah- sorry to hear its sensitive- it will be a relief to get it sorted - I have got dentist too - for 2nd root canal - just think by this time next week- we will have had the work done and at least it will be over with. let me know how you get on.

thank you for your help - no-one else i know has had it - and whatever symptoms i get they put down to anxiety- as does my dr! - i guess in some ways i cant blame them as i have been super-anxious recently -but then you worry you're loosiing the plot!

:hugs: ccat xxx