PDA

View Full Version : Terrified I'll have a stroke/aneurysm/brain haemmorhage

poppy_l
08-06-13, 11:05
So I posted on here a few days ago about a severe headache I've been experiencing for the past 2 weeks. I've been to 2 doctors about it in the past week, but the anxiety is getting so severe I cannot function. The headache has become like an extremely tight pain in my left temple with the occasional sharp twinge and throbbing. It's like I can touch my temple and feel exactly where the pain is coming from, it's so sensitive. Doctors said it was just tension headache but of course I fear it's something more. I also am experiencing itching around the area on my scalp, body twitches, tinglings and other aches and pains throughout my body. I know I should trust my doctors that it's nothing serious but I am full out panicking!!

I suppose if it was any of these serious things then the pain wouldn't be coming and fading for 2 weeks straight. I also know stroke comes with side effects like vomiting and severe vision problems. I don't know about aneurysm or haemorrhage but I would assume too that is something bad were to happen it would have happened already.

Just freaking out...have no idea what to do or if I should visit a doctor for the 3rd time...am just so tired of this.

aggiecuttler
08-06-13, 11:44
i would go back to the drs and push that they do a scan it would make you feel better, do the headaches come and go or are they there all the time take care blessings

poppy_l
08-06-13, 12:16
They come and go at times. Sometimes I just feel normal but usually it is there in the background as a dull ache. I haven't had any nausea, vomiting, the doctor said it was highly unlikely to be a tumour but I'm scared of what else it could be. Doctor didn't think it was important enough to run a scan when I went to see him on Monday.

---------- Post added at 12:16 ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 ----------

Ok so now I've just remembered something - before these headaches started my doctor put me on Omeprazole for what she thought was acid reflux...she gave me a really high dose for some reason (40 mg every morning) and I think the headaches started about that time. After about a week on them I decided I didn't want to be on it anymore, and I asked a pharmacist at Boots if I could just discontinue them and she said yes, Ever since then I have felt a total mess!!! Wondering if it could possibly be linked to these meds now although I've been off them for 2 weeks at this point.

aggiecuttler
08-06-13, 12:31
omeprazole can be headachey i have found that so maybe thats the cause take care blessings