PDA

View Full Version : IBS question

ladymage_411
08-06-13, 12:41
Hi everyone, I have a few questions for anyone that might be able to help me out or lend me an ear. I'm a pretty anxious person in general, but for the past 9 months or so I've been having issues with what I suspect is IBS. I haven't gotten any testing done as I'm living in a foreign country for another 3 months and there are some other barriers.

My main issue initially was that I was so worried about it being something worse or getting sick (health anxiety and emet) that I think my anxiety just made it worse anyway. I'm just wondering if anyone can provide me with some insight about what I'm experiencing.

I've noticed that while it comes and goes I don't have any really alarming symptoms, but that I especially run into issues (loose stools) when I'm anxious. There seems to be a 12-24 hour time frame with that though, like from when I am initially stressed to the ibs-type issues. I've also noticed that sometimes I won't have to go for a while, then I will a lot, and then have loose stools again. I don't seem to have much pain at least not often, but there is some bloating and lots of grumbling sometimes. I think I've figured out some other things that cause it too so I've been trying to eliminate them. Does that sound ibs-ish?

Does anyone have any words of advice for things I can do until I'm able to see someone back at home (whenever I get health insurance anyway)?

Annie0904
08-06-13, 20:48
It does sound very much like ibs to me. Chamomile tea is good for soothing it and if you can get any aloe vera juice it helps if you drink a little of it before a meal. Try not to eat spicy foods.

ladymage_411
13-06-13, 04:45
Thank you, it's been a major challenge and it really does change how I think about things and even function daily. I don't want to do things for fear of the ibs and it makes me anxious. I just want to be able to go out and do things and not worry about tummy trouble. It's like the ibs feeds the anxiety and the the anxiety feeds the ibs and I just can't win. :(

I have access to both of those things, so I think I'll give them a try. It's a little challenging to stay away from spicy foods since I'm in South Korea and everything seems to be spicy, I will try though. Thank you!