PDA

View Full Version : Muscle relaxers

Mr m anxious
08-06-13, 20:24
I have been well with my ha over the last four days but muscles still get tight in my neck and shoulders, so who is on muscle relaxers and do they work and which is best. Also do you take them at night or anytime you have muscle tightness?

bibliophilic
08-06-13, 20:40
Do you get tightness in the front or back of your neck? (Or both)

My doc prescribed me Flexeril which seem to be the most common ones here, though I haven't taken them yet because I've been having vertigo and don't want to provoke further episodes. I have been warned that you should take them when you don't need to be up and about and that it may make you sleep. Also, to not mix with sedatives, alcohol etc

Mr m anxious
08-06-13, 21:23
Thanks for reply
It's all around my neck, sometimes feels like someones got their hand around it. It goes away once I start walking around or busy doing something slightly strenuous, same with shoulders, id just take relaxants when I'm at home doing nothing but docs don't feel the need to give me any at the moment anyway.

bibliophilic
08-06-13, 22:13
Not sure of your medical history, but have they tried a relaxer like Klonopin or Xanax? I take Klonopin which helps me a lot with it, some doctors are okay with dispensing a small prescription of it for emergencies.