PDA

View Full Version : Constant anxiety/panic or sertraline?

carefree68
08-06-13, 21:47
This all feels a bit weird.....

I am 45 mum of two. Had my first ever panic attack 2 years ago, Probably due to health worries, brought on by a scare. I didn't know or understand what was happening to me and was up A & E and the doctors frequently. I found this site and initially found it extremely helpful until I realised I was focusing on other peoples health anxiety and experiencing their symptoms it also became like a (Dr Google) if you know what I mean. I left for a while and occasionally popped in to get advice. I was taking a small dose of 15 mg citalopram for a short while and gained 2.5 stone, and didn't think it was working.

Then last year my husband of 43 had massive heart attack and we nearly lost him. It was one of the most traumatic experiences of my life. My focus changed, I was focused on him and my girls, and so my anxiety symptoms dissipated. I thought I was over anxiety for good and so came off the meds and although knew in my heart I was not completely well just tried to get on with our lives.

Its been a year since my husbands heart attack and about a month ago it all came back the panic attacks, anxiety symptoms, constant health worries... I have tried to cope using all the self help I had learnt the first time around. Yoga, lavender, relaxation techniques etc but it's not working.

I spoke to my GP and she told me that I possibly had PTSD, and I never really dealt with my previous issues....the minute you let your guard down! She has suggested I start sertraline 50 mg.

I have posted a thread in Medication, A kind if diary....I have muscle twitching cant sit still, contantly stretching my legs. fingers twitching etc is this anxiety or the meds (on day 2)?