PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here

Gemmal
09-06-13, 19:13
Hi everyone !

I'm a 23 year old student with extreme Health anxiety . I can't tell you how relieved I am to find a site with like minded people . :)

My concern is lymphoma and I have suffered with this anxiety for 16 months . I can't even begin to explain how It has taken over my life .

I have had six CBC , lft , two ldh , 3 crp and esr tests with a chest x ray . Of course all normal but only providing me with temp relief !

Has anyone used the just answer site. ? I have spent too much on it but I feel that I can ask the docs questions without being embarassed .

Anyway I hope to eventually get rid of this anxiety has anyone had any luck or useful tips ?

Gemma x

almamatters
09-06-13, 19:30
Hi :welcome: to the forum, I am a fellow sufferer of extreme Health Anxiety and find loads of help and support on here and I'm sure you will too.

Gemmal
09-06-13, 22:25
Does anyone think I should get more tests or is this anxiety ? I have a lymph node on the left hand side of my neck which is visible when I strain to the right :(

Having the worst time

Gemmal
12-06-13, 14:13
Anyone ?:)

GoogleNoMore
12-06-13, 14:24
Hi and Welcome! :welcome:

This is an awesome site full of caring, compassionate people. Best of all - so much understanding!

Of course, I can't tell you whether you should get further testing or not. But I will say a few thoughts: I think, if you strain hard enough, anything that shouldn't be visible will become visible, if you know what I mean. As you had said before, all those normal results you had brought you temporary relief. More tests will just do the same.

Easier said than done, but try to trust the results you got. The human body is not perfectly symmetrical, so chances are good one side might have more "lumps and bumps" than the other, and still be perfectly normal. :) If something was going on, I think it would have shown up.

Things that are helping me for my HA are: this site, CBT, silly comedies on TV, and lavender (I put some in the bath with Epsom Salts and soak for a good half hour. I am not a bath person normally, but I've found this to be really relaxing.) A good thing it to try and find something that will change your mind - sometimes, when you focus less on a symptom, you find it bothers you less and less.

Take care! :hugs:

Gemmal
12-06-13, 14:40
Thanks for the kind words and tips ! I really appreciate it . your right temporary relief is not what I need ! I suppose I will just have to be confident that 17 months of anxiety has turned into nothing ! I'm still relatively healthy and fit !

Fingers crossed

GoogleNoMore
12-06-13, 14:53
I believe that nothing is for nothing, Gemmal... if you learn from an experience (whether it's how stress affects your body, or what you fear the most, or how to reduce anxiety in your life, or that you have to be kinder to yourself/your body), then it is not a waste of time. I am learning things about myself, and teaching myself new things, that I might not have considered before. I'm not saying "Yahoo, anxiety!" but... "Yahoo to us for living through it!"

And I can't say it enough, this place is wonderful! So much support!

:hugs: