PDA

View Full Version : Winter and the heater scare!!!

melishaxoxo
09-06-13, 19:54
It is Winter here in my country and it has gotten real cold over the past week. At work I dress warmly with socks, a warm coat, a scarf and poloneck. My new co-worker who started just 2 months ago doesnt dress warmly. Now last year I brought a heater from home because it had gotten really cold and I used to use it for 2 hours max and then put it away. Now this new girl uses the heater for the entire day, not even putting it off even once and she keeps saying her legs get cold... well that is because she doesnt wear tights or stockings with her skirt! It is not my fault that she doesnt dress warmly for work. She started taking advantage of using the heater from last month and i started getting these huge pimples on the right side of my face, i have never in my life gotten such painful,big pimples and i constantly thought it was my diet but now i found out it is the heater and nothing else that is the cause, last week she used the heater and i told her about my pimples and that the heater is causing it to get bad. She just looked at me and didnt say anythng,i even hid the heater from her and she went searching for it telling me its too cold she needs the heater. I couldnt believe this girl, it is my heater and she has no right to act like she owns it. She has no compassion and uses the heater the entire day, at the end of a long day my throat feels very dry, i feel tired and i have a huge headache. She certainly only cares about herself and worst part is she sits next to me at work so it affects me .. i dont know what to do, what should i tell her as she is not listening to me??? I know tomorrow she will want to use the heater again, im thinking of taking it home and not bringing it back to work??

Stormsky
09-06-13, 20:17
I'd take it home.
She has a choice then, to either dress warmer or get her own heater!

Annie0904
09-06-13, 20:28
I agree with Stormsky, it is your heater...take it home.

nicola1980
09-06-13, 20:44
I agree, take it home x x

melishaxoxo
09-06-13, 20:45
Thank you, the thing is I do not mind her using it if just for an hour but she overuses it and it can be very unhealthy to be used over a long period of time but she doesnt seem affected by it. I will take the heater home, Im done being nice to people.

Stormsky
09-06-13, 20:51
Good for you, tell her you need it at home..

almamatters
09-06-13, 20:53
I would take it home too, she should get her own heater to be fair.

Uncertain27
09-06-13, 21:09
Don't know what to do, but I just had to say your workmate sounds mean and childish! It might be understandable if you lived in Siberia or something lol! :) And I know what you mean about your symptoms, at our old house my bed was next to the radiator and I used to have pimples on my back and often wake up with a sore throat, slight headache, very thirsty etc, basically it felt like a mild hangover when I hadn't been drinking, until I worked out it was because of that. :blush: