PDA

View Full Version : Fluoxetine works for me :)

Whiskey
10-06-13, 18:48
Hi all,

Just a little message to say im on week 8 of taking fluoxetine and its working really well for me.

Ive been off work for 7 weeks suffering anxiety and panic attacks, the side effects were awful - at the time I couldn't imagine being able to get back to my normal way of living.

It took about 5-6 weeks for my side effects to subside and for me to start feeling calm. 4 weeks ago I had to miss out on a holiday because I was too anxious to leave my comfort zone. This website has been a Godsend to me :flowers:

Its going really well at the moment and I went back to work today. I just wanted to post a message of hope to those who are going through bad times at the moment. Stay strong and believe that there are better times to come. Goodluck to everyone and take care xxx

jelly2010
10-06-13, 19:15
Whiskey,

Thanks so much for sharing - I am really pleased for you that you are doing so well and have been able to return to work!
Well done you! Great news!
J x

Janine
10-06-13, 22:01
Whiskey

I could have written that email a few months ago, a few weeks of hell and really bad side effects and then suddenly come out of them about 6 weeks and by 8 weeks it feels so good to feel normal again, glad it has worked for you, it was people telling me that that kept me going so hopefully we help others when they read this.

Jelly glad you are still doing well.

xx

BIGMEANPOSSUM
11-06-13, 01:06
Thanks for posting this Whiskey, it really helps to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel, even if we can't see it sometimes. It's there and if we just keep going we WILL reach it.

Whiskey
12-06-13, 22:07
Thankyou jelly, janine and bmp, hope you are all doing well. Work is going fine, im happy and got a holiday next week! This one I wont be missing!!!