PDA

View Full Version : in a panic got uti and had to start trimethoprim 200mg for 3 days....

lollypopgirl1981
10-06-13, 21:57
ok so had alot of things lately...but now a uti water infection...have to have trimethoprim for 3 days 200mg.....i have a massive med phobia....really cant handle taking new meds....ive had to do it as dont want to end up with a kidney infection and in hospital.......so ive taken it 1st one at 7.50pm.....and keep thinking i am g anoing to have allergic reation

---------- Post added at 21:57 ---------- Previous post was at 21:56 ----------

any feedback would be a great help....thank u xxx

venusbluejeans
10-06-13, 22:34
If you took one at 7.50 then you would have had an allergic reaction by now if you were going to have one (very unlikely anyway)

So I don't think you have anything to worry about on that count

lollypopgirl1981
10-06-13, 22:37
oh thank u so much for your reply and wat you said....am going to be nervous till i finish course and probley a week after....thanks again xxx

50shadesofmessedup
10-06-13, 22:37
Make sure u take them only just got out of hospital with a kidney infection and everything waist down was just ... Well infected :/ most painful thing I've ever experienced on a par with labour xxx pls take them ul be fine hun

lollypopgirl1981
10-06-13, 22:45
aww sorry u had to go throu that...to be far the pain has been bad in my side today...like u say labour....by taking these would that prevent it turning into a kidney infection... thanks for replying...x

Edie
10-06-13, 23:33
It takes up to 3 hours to get an allergic reaction, so you're in the clear now. Taling antibiotics will kill off the infection before it can go to your kidneys. Take the meds, flush yourself through with plenty of liquids, you'll be better quickly now with the antibiotics.

Take care and get well soon xxx

lollypopgirl1981
11-06-13, 00:14
thank u...ive been counting the minutes...i was just so stupid and read a load of scare storys about this antibotic...i so have to stop looking things up...thank u for replying x got to get past next few now...tomorrow morning will be fun...why do we let our minds do this x