PDA

View Full Version : Chest spasm

RVP
10-06-13, 23:34
Hello, for the past day or 2 I keep getting a left pec spasm, it literally lasts for a second or two it will just jump, and it's only my left pec.
It happens anyone from twice to 5x a day, this isn't a lot I know but when it's been happening for two straight days the anxiety alarm bells start ringing.
If it was anyone else I wouldn't care but of course it's left pec so it's always worrying if anyone around there happens.

setfree
10-06-13, 23:43
Have you been working out? I think it is quite possible that you are also eating something that is causing your body to do that. Just understand that the spasms is just going to be a spasm. Try not to overthink it.

I think this is the one thing that has helped me with my anxiety. When I was sad or lost my mind sometimes, I thought of it as just a small way of me getting mad at myself rather than anxiety or depression. You will do fine. Bt still try to find ways to avoid the spasms. Go to the gym or drink some good drinks that can help relieve the chest pain if you have any pain.

Good luck!

RVP
10-06-13, 23:53
well last week I went gym everyday, but this started yesterday or day before.
I did some gardening yesterday I guess and I lifted heavy bags of mud.
I know what you mean spasm is just a spasm but it's always a concern if it's above the heart lol

EDIT: I don't have no pain, it's more of a 1 twitch than a spasm, and it'll only happen say.. a few times during the day.

Gotagetthroughthis
11-06-13, 00:07
I often have this, I have literally had my left pec twitching for hours on end, it looks like something is going to pop out of my chest. Its just a muscle twitch most probably something to do with lifting weights which I do a lot and I know you go to the gym yourself so try not to worry about it.

RVP
11-06-13, 00:11
thanks setfree and gotaget :) hope you're well.