PDA

View Full Version : Left side facial numbness?

Leafmealone
11-06-13, 02:29
I've been having this recurring "facial numbness" on the left side of my face everyday now for the past week and seems to keep happening at the same time everyday... I'm scared to go to the doctors because they might just dismiss it as anxiety, but I really don't think it is because it happens even though I'm not feeling anxious :( I'm so worried :(

Tinker28
11-06-13, 04:22
Go see your doctor they are there to help you!

---------- Post added at 03:22 ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 ----------

I'm go th rough something like what you are going through I'm very scared take. Deep breaths and go! :hugs:

AceOfSpades
11-06-13, 17:28
Hi Leafmealone

When you say "facial numbness" is the area numb ie: you can tap it with the point of a pin and not feel it OR is it the feeling of numbness.

I ask this question as I too suffer from this and it was worse a few years ago but it was only the feeling of numbness (only on the left side) and it is caused but hyperventilation with in turn causes anxiety and then it spirals out of control.

But you should still go to the doctor even if they just say it is anxiety at least you have been check over.

KeeKee
11-06-13, 21:25
It may be paresthesis which can be a common side effect of some medications ) notably Citalopram, I have had it for 2 days this week although it has passed).

Leafmealone
15-06-13, 07:00
Go see your doctor they are there to help you!

---------- Post added at 03:22 ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 ----------

I'm go th rough something like what you are going through I'm very scared take. Deep breaths and go! :hugs:

Thanks for your advice! :) I finally went to urgent care today because the numbness became a bit suspicious to me, seeing that I wasn't feeling very anxious, and surely enough, it wasn't anxiety this time! I was diagnosed with Bell's Palsy.:wacko:

---------- Post added at 06:00 ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 ----------

It may be paresthesis which can be a common side effect of some medications ) notably Citalopram, I have had it for 2 days this week although it has passed).

You know, it's interesting because I had just started my new prescription of Escitalopram last week and I wondered if it was related to the numbness that I was experiencing. I'm somewhat relieved that I found a true reason behind the numbness. Thankfully, my symptoms aren't severe... My smile looks normal and I don't have much drooping, so i'm hoping i'll be able to recover 100%!