PDA

View Full Version : Same place everytime

HollyM
11-06-13, 07:47
I am having a panic attack as I get outside work every time it's draining I get in work feel relieved then as it gets towards the end of my shift it all starts again. I can't explain why it's outside work other than its a very busy place with loads of busy roads. I don't no how to calm my self down I'm on day 12 of citalopram and have 5mg diazepam to take as and when needed :( really am so fed up its taking over my life I don't start work until 11 and I have been awake since 5am worrying about getting to work and having an attack :,(

roariamalion
11-06-13, 08:30
I know this sounds like a really simple idea, but have you tried breathing exercises? And I know this doesn't sound like a lot of help, but trying to talk yourself down from the panic attack? I have started doing those things and keeping myself busy doing little tasks to help channel the panic into something else more productive. There seems to be something at work that allows you to calm down, maybe keep reminding yourself that you are almost there when you are having an attack?

HollyM
11-06-13, 08:39
I know this sounds like a really simple idea, but have you tried breathing exercises? And I know this doesn't sound like a lot of help, but trying to talk yourself down from the panic attack? I have started doing those things and keeping myself busy doing little tasks to help channel the panic into something else more productive. There seems to be something at work that allows you to calm down, maybe keep reminding yourself that you are almost there when you are having an attack?

Hi thanks for the reply, I try breathing right it's just so hard I get into such a state I feel like I will faint, really am stuck at the min I've tried every route possible to work to avoid the panic attacks and its not helped there's one entrance to work and it's outside work it happens

roariamalion
11-06-13, 08:44
What about listening to music? Some people will find a song that they can focus on and it helps lessen the panic? Also with the breathing, you have to make sure you are not hyperventilating. It is easy to get caught up in that and get dizzy. Try taking slow and deep breaths while telling yourself that you will be okay, and the panic is only temporary.

Col
11-06-13, 09:58
Hi Holly - that's hard to overcome because you will associate your panic with that specific place and of all places its outside work.

Take advice from posts above - try them - try & work through this , it's hard I know it my get better , it may get worse BUT it's work so for a short time at least your going to have to go through the motions until u either can see an improvement or, have to take/seek further help.

Takecare