PDA

View Full Version : Think Im jaundice...help

chl_hobbs
11-06-13, 11:06
Hi all. Health anxiety at all time high at mo. Ive been to a&e 3 times these past 3 weeks. Each time ive had a pain in the left upper centre of stomach which was at an all tome high yesterday.

The dr said acid reflux.... He handed me my blood results and ive niticed that my bilirubin levels are rising each week. Theyve gone in the past 9 days from 7 to 9 and yesterday were 11. Today ive woken up and still have pain (not as bad but still there) and am convinced my face and arms are yellow. I also keep itching... Im convinced im getting jaundiced. The bilirubin levels are still.normal range (i think ) but am so scared now.

Is this all in my head?? I know the tummy pain isnt, but am frightened im
etting jaundice from a blockage or liver disease and the drs dont care!

Charlotte

GoogleNoMore
11-06-13, 14:24
It's a scary feeling, isn't it?

I've been told it's normal for test levels to fluctuate from day to day. If anything was concerning to the doctors, I am sure they would have caught it on one of those occasions. I know sometimes it can feel like they don't care, but they do. There's no reason a doctor would want you to leave feeling horrible if there was something they could do about it.

I do know that itchiness and stomach pain is also a sign of anxiety. And that liver pain is felt on the right side, under the ribs, and sometimes around to the back, not the left side.

I know all this because I was just at the doctor's yesterday for liver test results, because of stomach pain and fear of jaundice. :blush:

Sometimes, even though it's really hard, we have to just keep telling ourselves: "I've seen the results, and have been checked up by professionals. My liver is functioning normally and I am okay." And try to take your mind of it, by directing your thoughts elsewhere, like a book or a game or a silly show on TV.

It's frustrating when anxiety symptoms mimic so many other symptoms of so many other problems, though, isn't it? I told my doctor I was concerned I wasn't clear enough in explaining my symptoms. He told me he understood, but that even if I wasn't clear, the tests would show something IF there was something to show. It's hard to accept there's no problem when we feel horrible, though. That's why this forum is so good for getting support when we need it! :hugs:

I hope you feel better soon! Take care!