PDA

View Full Version : inner ear prob or anxiety

Torri
11-06-13, 14:42
just some advice really as i have been having this lightheaded off balance sensation for a few months and just put it down to anx and meds, but after talking to a friend they said it could be caused by an inner ear prob, after she said thats i realized that my hearing in sensitive and not as good as it use to be, im a bit worried now and its caused my anx to go thru the roof
Has anyone else got an inner ear problem if so what was your symptoms, i dont want to be running to the docs again if its only anx
I have suffered with anx for 2 years and never had this off balance feeling before

Shivmarie
12-06-13, 20:40
Mine is exactly the same, came on suddenly last Tuesday night eyes feel shakey and my balance is off, feels like my heads wavy, I had a eye exam yesterday and that was all fine and she suggested a ear problem so I'm going to the docs tomorrow morning. it's really frightening me and again made me even more anxious x

mrslala
24-06-13, 22:44
Hi Torri

I felt dizzy , had severe vertigo and wobblyness for 2 years before I got sorted. Could you initially try your GP and see if they will refer you to an Ear Nose and throat doc to do some balance tests, or google VRT on labyrinthitis.org.uk which tells you excercises you can do to compensate again

Sturgeon is a sea sickness tablet which is used for the dizzies which helps! There are lots of meds avaliable from your doc

hope you feel better soon
x

avasnana
10-07-13, 20:34
Hi, just wondered how you were doing and if you went to the docs? I get this on and off and can't decide if its an ear or anxiety problem ?

applewine
23-08-13, 15:33
Balance can be inner ear. I had balance and dizziness problems for a while and tinnitus. I went to an ENT and all test were normal.

I found out my symptoms were caused by something not well known of, myofascial trigger points.

I was having neck and jaw pain and those muscles were interfering with my brains ability to figure out my balance. This can happen by affecting the ear directly or by the muscles of the neck simply not moving exactly like the brain expects and throwing off something called proprioceptive senses.

See if you have any chronic muscle pain in the neck area. I had been having chronic neck pain for years, but it spread to the jaw and rest of head when the dizziness came on. It was a flare up or spreading.

If you have trigger points look up pain referral pattern charts and look up Paul Ingraham and read that.

David55
23-09-13, 10:06
I've been dizzy for a month and a half now. I was worried that it was a spinal injury as it happened soon after visiting a chiropractor, but my GP says that it's more likely to be a middle/inner ear problem, especially considering that my ear showed signs of inflammation some weeks ago.

I don't have balance problems, it feels more like car sickness as well as a crackling sound in my ears. I've noticed this crackling for over year but despite having health anxiety I didn't see it as a problem as it wasn't (and still isn't) effecting my hearing. But in the last 6 weeks this has turned into dizzyness.

Balance can be inner ear. I had balance and dizziness problems for a while and tinnitus. I went to an ENT and all test were normal.

I found out my symptoms were caused by something not well known of, myofascial trigger points.

I was having neck and jaw pain and those muscles were interfering with my brains ability to figure out my balance. This can happen by affecting the ear directly or by the muscles of the neck simply not moving exactly like the brain expects and throwing off something called proprioceptive senses.

See if you have any chronic muscle pain in the neck area. I had been having chronic neck pain for years, but it spread to the jaw and rest of head when the dizziness came on. It was a flare up or spreading.

If you have trigger points look up pain referral pattern charts and look up Paul Ingraham and read that.

That's interesting, as I've experienced increased pain in my neck on the side which my ear was effected, as well as having long-term neck stiffness (which was why I went to the chiropractor).