PDA

View Full Version : Face tingling and numbness meds or panic

carefree68
11-06-13, 18:10
Hi just started Sertraline 50mg 5 days ago and I am experiencing facial cold numbness and tingling down left side cheek, chin and neck. this has happened a couple of times today and brings on a panic attack. Arms feel like they are burning and tingling pins and needles in my hands it all comes in frequent waves. Is this the meds heigtening my anxiety or is it my anxiety fighting the meds. Really scary!
Has anyone experienced the same?
L

MerissaKay
12-06-13, 08:17
I was put on the same medication. & I had the same symptoms. It's pretty normal in the first few days. But my advice is not to take this medication. I was taking 100mg, and it made me crazy. My psychological state was highly affected by this medication. & many of the side affects you get, never go away, even after discontinuing use of it. I would call your doctor, and try something else. But then again everyone is different, it may work for you. Give it a little more time. If this continues, I would stop taking it. Hope I could help.
Merissa~

Regina
13-06-13, 05:16
I've never had an issue with sertraline, but I get those symptoms with my anxiety and had severely increased symptoms on another med that didn't work for me. It may just be the wrong medication for you or it hasn't yet begun to help.

~Regina x

cappuccinomad
13-06-13, 10:03
Hi I was put on sertraline 200mg November 2012.I pick up in the evenings but still get bad morning depression.I started to lift in the mornings a month ago and don't know why I have dropped.My nurse says this is part of recovery.Start of with bad depression then mood goes up and down like a yo yo,then I should start to even out.Anyone had this when recovering.x possitive answers only please.

carefree68
13-06-13, 11:05
Thank you for your replies. I really want to stick with them and I can cope with these weird side effects as the tingling etc as long as I know its normal and not doing me any harm. I am having a word with my Gp in a bit just for reassurance really. I am going to keep plodding on with them see how I go. Thanks Ella and Regina for your encouragement.

aggiecuttler
13-06-13, 12:08
i dont take this med but the symptoms are probably anxiety and panic related blessings