PDA

View Full Version : Discomfort when burping!

JaneS
11-06-13, 18:46
Hi there, going through a period of burping after eating anything at the moment and when I burp It catches the right side of my chest when it comes up. It's not really painful more of a discomfort and sometimes goes into my back too. Does anyone else get this sympton? Have just stopped taking my lanzaprazole 2 weeks ago as don't want to keep taking it for ever, not sure why I was taking it really as endoscopy 5 years ago was normal. Think I originally took it for lump in throat sensation but that doesn't bother me now. This bout of burping started when I was on the drug anyway and was really stressed out, Doc said to double the dose, decided to make a radical decision to stop it and I am no worse after 2 weeks off it. Just wondered about this weird feeling when I burp, it seems to be related to strange flutters that go across my chest like butterflies as well, it's all in the same area. I am 50 and very menopausal can this affect digestion? Scared to go back to Doc in case he suggests camera down again and I think that is making my symptons worse!! Sorry for the long post just wanted to explain everything.

flori
11-06-13, 22:40
I suffer at times with pains in my chest going through to back with excessive burbing. In fact I had a uncomfortable night last night because of it. Had a scan a year ago and it was clear. I got prescribed Omeprazole, but it didn`t help.
I try to watch what I eat and drink.

JaneS
11-06-13, 23:17
Thanks flori, I have to be careful what I eat too. Have had bouts of this before and it does come and go so am hoping that it will go. Trouble is more i focus on symptons the worse they get wish I could try to ignore it.

flori
12-06-13, 09:13
Hi jane , I suppose it`s easier said than done trying to ignore the symptoms. The pain and discomfort can really affect a person. It was 3.00 am before I got to sleep the other night.
I had to keep getting up to burp.
I tried windeze, hot water which relieved a bit.
In fact I burped so much, I still have chest pain. I think I strained myself.
It can make you more anxious especially if it`s disturbing sleep.
I`m 59 and this problem started about 5 years ago.

JaneS
12-06-13, 19:54
I also have a problem with muscular pain in my upper back and between my shoulder blades and regularly go to a chiropractor. He has to work on the whole right side of my upper back and shoulder and I do wonder if the pain I get when I burp is actually to do with that rather than the burping causing the pain if you know what I mean. I think my problem is all to do with IBS as doc says that you can get upper digestive symptoms as well as lower (bowel) area.