PDA

View Full Version : hip pain or bowel pain

toria
11-06-13, 21:24
Hi I wounded if anyone can help I have ibs and get flare ups now and then I do get aches and pains in my groin pelvis and stomach at the moment I have a sharp grabbing pain in my left hip area not sure if I have pulled myself or can you get this pain when it's connected to bowels any advice would be great thanks toria x

Annie0904
12-06-13, 08:45
I have ibs and a lot of hip pain. Not sure if it is related. I do find that my pains can get worse after a bm. I have also noticed that I do tend to tense my muscles down there a lot. I am going for physio as my lower back and bum muscles are very tense.

flori
12-06-13, 09:01
I have never been diagnosed with ibs, but can have a few problems with bowels and digestive system. Excessive burbing and wind which really pains me.

Annie I`m sure you will find physio really helps. I strained ligaments in my lower back 2 months ago and stiffened up because I didn`t know how to treat it properly.

2 weeks of correct exercises and it has almost gone.

And glad you enjoyed your holiday. Well done.

Betsyboo9034
12-06-13, 11:24
It sounds a lot like IBS. I have groin pain all the time. A lot of these pains are just 'referred' from the gases in your tummy, especially if you have IBS.

toria
12-06-13, 14:01
Hi thanks for the reply s I went to doc's today and she had a good feel around my tummy she didn't think it was to do with my ibs which has freighted me she thought it was more to do with my ovaries and my cycle I am past ovulation so im about 5 days until my next period she thought it was that she said if it got worse she would send me for another scan I only had 1 before Christmas she also did a pregnancy test incase of ectopic pregnancy which I wasn't I already knew I wouldn't be, probably going to worry about this now I hate worrying about these things, thanks again toria x