PDA

View Full Version : Arm pain and heart attack?

kris1079
12-06-13, 06:28
Hi! I've posted here before, but it's been a while. My anxiety has been much better the last few months...until now. I thought I was getting better until 5 days ago.

I just started running twice a week and 5 days ago I ran the most I've ever run. I noticed the day after that I was sore. My foot hurt, my leg hurt and they still do, but I'm not worried about those. I know those are just from wrong posture and I need to work on that. The one that is worrying me is my left shoulder/arm. I noticed an ache in my left shoulder 2 days after running that comes and goes in waves. It's a pretty mild pain, I wouldn't say severe. Just annoying. It stayed in my shoulder for the last 2 days and I didn't worry too much. I just decided it was form too much tension and clenching my keys in my hand while running. Could it be from that?

But yesterday I noticed it was traveling. I was having the same achy feeling in other places on my arm; forearm, elbow, upper arm. And again, just mild waves of pain. I did notice that they are worse when I'm holding something in that hand or driving with that hand or even now when typing, they get worse.I do feel a slight tightness in my left shoulder like maybe I hurt it somehow.
But that doesn't matter of course, to me I am going to have a heart attack at any minute!

I just can't believe that running could make my arm ache like this 5 days later. My husband thinks it's mostly in my head, and he has good reason to say that. We've been through this hundreds of times with other symptoms and they are ALWAYS nothing! I hate going to the doctor, it gives me panic attacks, so I try to avoid if I can.

Does anyone else experience this? Could it be heart related? Or could it really just be some sort of tension from running? Or just my anxiety making it worse. It did get worse once I started worrying about it. Or maybe playing on my iphone too much? I have started doing more of that lately

50shadesofmessedup
12-06-13, 07:50
Hello, glad to hear you've been doing so well lately :) and the running sounds awesome, can't wait til I'm not pregnant anymore ima hit the gym hard! Lol :) I am just like you and every symptom could be the worst and its never something simple :/ and I too have panic attacks if I need to go to docs for anything :( ur not alone Hun n don't beat itself up over having a bad day were all Lowed them :) it's 100 per cent muscular though I'm certain. Maybe u pulled some running , or maybe u slept funny lol but everything u described sounds like muscles :) nice hot bath and relax , hugs 50 x

kris1079
12-06-13, 17:03
Thank you. The pain has now moved into my right arm also. It's so weird. This is why I think it's in my head. I started feeling better last night because I discovered that the pain was happening while I was on my laptop, like maybe I am sitting wrong while working on my computer on the couch. But I woke up at 4 this morning with the worse anxiety ever. I read somewhere that heart attacks usually happen between 4am and 10am so I woke up at 4 sure that I was going to have one at any minute. Silly I know. I finally fell back to sleep at 5 and was woken up at 8 gasping for air. It took me a second to catch my breath. I knew this was it. I'm having the heart attack. Breathlessness is a big symptom and so is being nauseous, like I am now. Of course, the shortness if breath was anxiety induced I hope. I'm starting to calm down after taking a Xanax, but I'm just so exhausted from all this. I hate feeling this way. I can't wait until this episode is over! It seems to be a bad one!