PDA

View Full Version : Mirtazapine

Kim51
12-06-13, 10:55
Hi is there anybody out there who has had success with this. I started on 15mg in January went up to 30mg in march and then up to 45mg in may. I have extreme anxiety and panic attacks at present unable to leave home without 2mg lorazepam the Mirtazapine doesn't seem to be helping at all apart from I am shattered all the time with no motivation to do anything.:)

Snoodlester
12-06-13, 11:22
Hi Kim
Welcome to the forum.
I'm going through something similar - I started mirtazapine in February and it was gradually upped to 45mg. At the higher dose I was more anxious, had my worse PAs ever and became increasingly agoraphobic. I've since reduced back down to 30mg. Although I'm not as bad as I was I still can't travel and can't go further than the local shops - my mental health has been affected badly. A new GP has given me propanalol to help with the physical symptoms of panic - I only started this on Monday, so not sure if this will help me.
Sue x

Kim51
12-06-13, 11:44
Thanks good to hear I am not only one I am seeing my GP tomorrow so will discuss with him:D

Snoodlester
12-06-13, 14:24
Be good to know how you get on :)

crosser
12-06-13, 15:59
ive just been given these to start by my gp for panic and anxiety, are they actually anygood for this? also im lactose intollerent but noticed these contain lactose.. oh well looks like lots of toilet roll to order..

Kim51
12-06-13, 16:19
Hi crosser so far they have not been beneficial to me but that is not to say they won't suit you goog luck:)

Christo
13-06-13, 20:11
Hi There, I have had my dos icreased to 45mg, and I seem to have increased anxiety in the mornings, it takes the whole day before I start to feel in control, could this dose be inceasing my anxiety?