PDA

View Full Version : just went frightend

fruity
12-06-13, 12:58
well my 6yr old went on a trip yesterday with school so i was nervous but thought i coped pretty well. but on the night my chest went all stressd it must of been the build up. my other child who,s 5yrs old is going on the trip tomorow so again will be nervous. but today i,ve felt anxious & just i put my feet under me [im sitting on the bed] & i felt a hard pulsate so i thought it was my heart because it felt like that but realy it may have been my feet pulsating. because it was quick hard pulsating as soon as i put my feet under me. i do also feel jittery & my movements are fast. & sitting here on my bed i feel like im hovering backwards & forwards realy slow. i,ve had it before but not in a long time. & it scares you when it returns.

GoogleNoMore
12-06-13, 13:32
It's a scary feeling, isn't it? :hugs:

But you know, everything is going to be okay, and think of all the wonderful stories your children will have to share with you when they return!

My son is going on a school trip today also (just a day trip.) This is the first time I am not going along. It was hard for me, because I am a bit controlling, if you know what I mean. :shades: (of course, given my anxious state lately, maybe it's for the best... :blush: ) But while I was taking him to school, I was running through the list of "rules" (don't wander away, don't do this, make sure of that...) until finally he stopped, looked at me and said, "I'm going with the school, you know. I'm not going by myself. They'll help look after me."

It was then that I realized maybe sometimes I make my child wear my anxiety, and that is not a good thing. For him or for me. So I stopped myself, told him he was right, and that he was going to have a great time. And I have to believe in that.

It's scary when the anxiety comes with such physical feelings, but knowing the cause of your anxiety will help, I hope. And like I say, imagine all the wonderful things they'll have to tell you when they get back!

Take care of yourself. :hugs:

fruity
12-06-13, 23:19
thank you so much googlenomore. you are right. be funny if it was the same trip not day i know but place