PDA

View Full Version : Probationary period and off sick :( what to do!

HollyM
12-06-13, 16:05
Hi all I am really worried. I started a new job 7th January 2013 previously been in the same job since leaving school for 10year in all that time I had about 6 days off in 10 years. The. We job I have started us very stressful and complete opposite to my job I used to do. As a result my panic attacks and anxiety returned with a vengeance and I have been off work since 29th may. I went back to work this Monday when my sick note ended and things where no better I had a bit of a break down Tuesday morning and my mum got me an appointment to see the doctor, he said its work related stress and wrote me a sick note for 4 weeks!!!! There's no way I want to be off that long my intentions are to take 2 week off an start to go for long walks to get used to being outside and try help myself with the panic I won't bet getting paid a penny for been off do I won't be staying off 4 weeks. Work hve been very nice about it and are concerned for my health more than anything. This month was the month I find out if I was made permanent up until this everything was perfect hitting all my targets I'm now soooo worried I'm ping to be sacked :( It's more added stress :( I don't no what to think/do I have applied for 32 jos since sat just incase the worse happens (I'm now on citalopram 20mg)

Rennie1989
12-06-13, 22:15
Talk to your manager about it. You're lucky, I had two days off sick in one of my jobs and they wanted to end my contract once the probation finished! By the sounds of it they appreciate your hard work but you won't know what happens unless you ask your manager.

Stormsky
12-06-13, 22:24
Totally depends on the employer ...I didn't get my contract renewed due to time off when I suffered..
If you are worried you need to ask them where you stand.
Also if they know about your anxiety, and you do go permanent , you may find it hinders any progression in the company.
And maybe a stressful job isn't what you need ?

HollyM
12-06-13, 23:28
Talk to your manager about it. You're lucky, I had two days off sick in one of my jobs and they wanted to end my contract once the probation finished! By the sounds of it they appreciate your hard work but you won't know what happens unless you ask your manager.

Hi that's awful! My team leader has told me not to worry an said his main concern is that I get better he's really nice! I just can't help but worry because it doesn't look good and it won't look good on my cv for future jobs x

---------- Post added at 23:28 ---------- Previous post was at 23:25 ----------

Totally depends on the employer ...I didn't get my contract renewed due to time off when I suffered..
If you are worried you need to ask them where you stand.
Also if they know about your anxiety, and you do go permanent , you may find it hinders any progression in the company.
And maybe a stressful job isn't what you need ?

In a slight way they only have their self to blame for this there's others that are suffering too it's a new company and they lied about our job role the job I accepted along with every one else is not what we got we are sales team which is added pressure when we should have been customer service. So when they ended your contract is that the reason they have for ending it because of the time off? :( it couldn't have happened at a worse time my final month in probation. My team leader is lovely he said not to worry an concentrate on getting better