PDA

View Full Version : Called back by doctor for blood test results

sophiehubbard
12-06-13, 17:40
Hi am new to forum but really after some reassurance. I suffer from stage 1 hypertension since I had my son 16 years ago. Three weeks ago I went for my checkup and had a blood test. The next day a receptionist called from my doctors to say I had to go back the next day to collect a prescription for iron tablets and have some more blood tests taken and my doctor wanted to speak to me. I went back the next day and saw a nurse who took some more blood but I wasn't sure what for. She did say me vitamin d levels were low and my calcium levels were borderline. I spoke to my doctor later that day who said it was nothing to worry about (I have very heavy periods which is probably the cause). After panicking for 24 hours I was then able to calm down a bit.

Then today, three weeks later, I have received another call from my doctors surgery to say they have my blood test results back and can I make an appointment to see the doctor. The earliest she had was Monday. I asked if it was nothing to worry about and she said no just routine but obviously now I feel totally sick all the time and don't know what to do.

Any advice greatly appreciated

flori
12-06-13, 17:51
Hi Sophie and :welcome:

Hope you find the site helpful.

Last year I kept getting called back because my blood wasn`t right. I was always told it was nothing to worry about. It eventually went back to normal without any treatment.
Try not to worry. As you say, you have heavy periods and that is probably what it is.

sophiehubbard
12-06-13, 18:01
Thanks very much for your reply :)

What kind of things were they finding abnormal in your blood. I keep telling myself that I don't have any symptoms of anything but doesn't help unfortunately.

Sophie