PDA

View Full Version : Feeling pretty good

W.I.F.T.S.
04-10-06, 20:31
I'm actually feeling pretty good at the moment!! I'm taking a break from work to try and unwind and I think it's doing me a lot of good.

I drove about 15 miles today on my own to see my solicitor, so I was quite pleased about that and this afternoon I went to help out with a youth soccer academy. I was expecting to enjoy it about 60%, but I actually enjoyed it about 90%- I thought it was really good and it's made me feel a lot more optimistic about what I can do with my life.

I've been kind of agorophobic for a while, but tomorrow the academy want me to go back for some paid work at a place near where my job (which has been causing me a lot of anxiety) is. My thinking is "I really enjoyed coaching today and I'd like to persue it- to do that I'm going to have to travel a little bit, so I'm not going to let it stop me- infact I'm going to enjoy it!".

Things just really seem to be opening up at the minute- I'm gaining friends, opportunities are arising and I'm feeling so much better. Maybe all the hard work I've been doing is finally starting to pay off, maybe a slight change in my attitude is helping me to change my own fortunes, maybe it's just that good things are starting to happen to me.... I don't know, but I'm feeling so much better.

To be fair to myself, I think I've been really brave deciding to take some time off work and also putting a stop to my wedding, which is something that I haven't wanted. By doing more of what I really want to do, I'm empowering myself and giving myself the opportunity for happiness.:D

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.

manmoor
04-10-06, 22:00
Nice to read good news Wifts. Glad your feeling good x

Take Care

Mandyxx

tnt808
04-10-06, 22:34
Good for you in putting you first. I would have to agree w/ you on how brave you are being. Keep up the wonderful progress!!!

"Be The Change You Want To See In The World"...

Take Care of You,

Tina

hopeful
05-10-06, 09:23
Hi Wifts,
I read your posts regularly and its good to read that you are feeling so much better. Well done on getting so far AND through your own determination. Take care.
julie x

surreylady
05-10-06, 09:35
Hi Wifts,

Great to hear you are doing so well. I do think your positive attitude will really help you through this. Well done! :D

mandy xxxx

positive attitude brings positive results

hayles
05-10-06, 09:56
well done - keep up the positive thoughts

Hay x

honeybee3939
05-10-06, 10:46
Hi

Lovely to hear you are doing so well !

Be proud of your acheivments !

WELL DONE

Love

Andrea
xxxx

mad_shell66
07-10-06, 17:44
hey well done

shellxxx

nomorepanic
11-10-06, 16:41
WIFTS

Well done on all your achievements!

Great news

Nicola

Karen
11-10-06, 19:08
Well done WIFTS. You are making great progress.

Karen

Lay me down roll me out to sea
Calling on a mighty wave to cover me
Lay me down roll me out to sea
Heaven if you're ready shine your light on me

spuds
12-10-06, 20:52
Really pleased to hear that you are feeling so much better. Well done.