PDA

View Full Version : Giving A little Hope

Miss lexx
12-06-13, 23:30
Hi All
I haven't posted here for a while but wanted to come back to give a little hope to those suffering.. Well I have always suffered health Anxiety and ocd but last december it all got too much and I had a massive panic attack and suffered from depersonalisation which made me feel like I was going crazy which in turn led to extreme anxiety I've had a lot of symptoms, confusion, feeling guilty for my children, worried about dying, memory loss, nightmares, fuzzy head just to list a few.. I went to the doctors and they advised me it was just anxiety but the depersonalization was so intense I thought there must be more to it. Anyway I was told about a book called Anxiety no more written by Paul David and it was a great help at explaining what these feelings meant, turns out it was anxiety and with the right approach I no longer have the feeling of depersonalisation and it's such a relief. I am currently on meds for my anxiety and awaiting cbt and although i'm not 100% recovered I am on my way there. So for those of you still suffering just know there is hope. Feel free to message me if you need a chat x

flori
12-06-13, 23:38
Miss lexx

Great news and thanks for sharing.
I have suffered from anxiety for years, but panic attacks have become so bad I am getting CBT again. Not finding it very helpful at the moment and think I will purchase a book and see if that helps.
There have been a few recommended on here. Thanks again.

Stu82
13-06-13, 14:04
Good to hear you're feeling much better, always nice to hear when someone has pushed through and goes to show we all can :)