PDA

View Full Version : Suffered for years? New symptom out of the blue?

julieG
04-10-06, 20:58
Hi all.

Been an anxiety sufferer for 14 years on and off (mostly off thank goodness). Had all of the usual symptoms over the years - mainly dizziness, unreal feelings, jelly legs, fear of major illness etc.

However since friday - feel I cant breathe properly. Tightness in the chest and throat, choking feeling bla bla. I know this is a typical sign of anxiety, but am worried as this has never been a problem for me before.

Do new symptoms happen after so long? or is this something sinister? Cant get a gp appointment until next tuesday.

Any comments would be most welcome and appreciated.

Good day to all

Julie x

rosebud
04-10-06, 21:05
hi julie
yes i do think you can get new symptoms. i get the feeling everthings unreal which can be very scary but the first time i suffered with anxiety i didn't have it. i also suffer with the breathing thing which i hate. overbreathing will make your chest feel tight. try not to worry it sounds as if its just another horrible symptom of anxiety.
traceyxxx

honeybee3939
04-10-06, 21:19
Hi Julie,

Your certainly not alone with your symptoms, i have suffered anxiety for the last 10 years and like you i have had new symtoms, i think anxiety as affected just about every part of my body.

try not to worry

Love

Andrea
xxx

matilda
05-10-06, 07:57
I had the globus throat thing this time and ive never had that symptom before.

missacorah
05-10-06, 09:39
Me too. Ive had mine about 6 weeks and have had anxiety about 2 years and never suffered with it before. Same with the breathing thing - hate it!

Ma Larkin
05-10-06, 15:47
My symptoms are weird, they go away for months on end and then come back with a vengenace when I've just about forgotten about them. Breathing is my worst symptom, I hate it but I've managed to try and not let it scare me any more.

I hope you get some reassurring answers from people on NMP.

Les

julieG
06-10-06, 08:13
Thank you all for your replies.

I couldnt resist - ended up at the walk-in-centre of the local hospital (I work at the hospital and the temptation was just too much!). I had a check up and nothing was found. I was told it could be the remains of a cold I had a couple of weeks ago, however I agree with you all that it is more likely anxiety!

Thanks for your reassurance. I can get back to worrying about something else now!

Good day to all

JulieG x