PDA

View Full Version : Rant

onceagain
13-06-13, 10:35
I have to get this out and I know you all have your own problems to deal with but I need support

Tomorrow is the day for my poor dog to be put to sleep and I'm devastated... I have cried and cried and cried but the reality is that I don't know what I'm gonna feel like tomorrow and onwards he has been my only company before my ex and since him.... he has been totally loyal to me and even now I'm planning to do this he is laying at my feet worrying why I'm crying... and its not fair.

Pah to animal charities they dont help animals that just need fostering pah to employers for not giving me a job, and a massive Pah and lots of swear words to my ex partner.

The man who does not even have the humanity to ask me if I'm alright knowing what a massive loss this is for me and yet he says he is there to support me.

Phah to the people that said they would be there and haven't even bothered to phone or email me how they live with themselves ...

But mainly Pah to me because I let this all happen because I care and I was stupid enough to trust and count on someone who failed me before and gave up friends who saw before I could and for being weak and for not being able to find a job and for letting myself lose my lovely loyal dog... why can I not find a job I have tried I'd pluck chickens all night or work in a fish factory but just can't get job... and I think life stinks

onceagain
13-06-13, 20:57
I have spent day with my lovely boy he has played with his soft toys and blowing bubbles in the garden so that he could chase ...he has had chicken for dinner and lots of treats ... he is always by my side i mean constantly now..today he watches me asks me to lay with him and wont settle til I do .. does he know is he telling me he knows?

I hope he does know that I love him but please not that he knows i'm saying goodbye..

Stormsky
13-06-13, 21:22
Why are you having him put to sleep?

onceagain
13-06-13, 21:28
He has heart disease he has to have regular antibiotics due to it affecting his lungs too. He is good most of the time on these as well as his 3 normal medications he is a spaniel so apparently hereditary but after my relationship breakup I can no longer afford to meet vet bills so it does boil down to money really but if I get second job he will vitually be on his evenings or weekends so I feel I have little choice now. I cannot manage to meet rent and bills on my current income so vet costs are definitely out ... it seems so unfair my dog has the strength to fight this and yet I have to cut his life short as scared that now he is no longer on his antibiotics that he will suffer when I'm at work and I won't be there for him..

Annie0904
13-06-13, 21:30
Would you be able to get help from the RSPCA or PDSA?

Stormsky
13-06-13, 21:31
Im so sorry to hear this.. I can't imagine the pain it's causing you..
And no animal charities can help?
How old is he?

onceagain
13-06-13, 21:32
tried PDSA RSPCA and Blue Cross to see if there was anyway that they would either cover medication costs until I could find second job or find foster care as such for him but nothing available and I cannot use them as I am not on any qualifying benefits..

Stormsky
13-06-13, 21:34
How old is your dog?

onceagain
13-06-13, 21:36
He would be 14 in November .. and they say 13 is unlucky

Annie0904
13-06-13, 21:37
This must be an awful situation for you, I am so sorry :( Would you be able to find him a new home? Maybe a free advert on a site like this http://www.pets4homes.co.uk/. Obviously you would have to mention the health problems but it is worth a try and you could say he is free to a good home. I got my cat from this website.

Stormsky
13-06-13, 21:42
Sad to say but, due to his age re homing might not be an option I guess..and what with his heart probs too..
Have you had him since a pup?
He's done we'll to get to his age, and I'm sure that's thanks to your care of him..
My heart goes out to you... I lost my rottie when he was 10 yrs old, he was my best friend, and I know the loss you'll feel... Xx

Annie0904
13-06-13, 21:47
If you have no other option then like Stormsky says, he is a good age and you have obviously given him a lot of love and care and you will have lots of happy memories of him I am sure. I have had to have 2 pets put to sleep before and it is not an easy thing to do and my heart goes out to you. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

onceagain
18-06-13, 05:10
I lost my lovely one on Friday it broke my heart but it was very peaceful and made sure that he had as much love as I could give him... house seems empty and can't bear being downstairs at moment... ex not asked once how i am ... and believe me I'm not doing good at all its all getting too much for me... I just wish someone would be there for me through all this ...My ex cannot says " I don't understand why this should set off your anxiety..you had it when I was with you and you were ok" am I going insane here.... My anxiety is linked to his leaving me before... why would our relationship ending not have this impact ...finances and my dog and feeling alone and hurt do these not contribute... hospital today I need out of this house away from these memories ... and still not found a job... but if any one relates I really could do with talking things through by PM

---------- Post added at 05:10 ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 ----------

I lost my lovely one on Friday it broke my heart but it was very peaceful and made sure that he had as much love as I could give him... house seems empty and can't bear being downstairs at moment... ex not asked once how i am ... and believe me I'm not doing good at all its all getting too much for me... I just wish someone would be there for me through all this ...My ex cannot says " I don't understand why this should set off your anxiety..you had it when I was with you and you were ok" am I going insane here.... My anxiety is linked to his leaving me before... why would our relationship ending not have this impact ...finances and my dog and feeling alone and hurt do these not contribute... hospital today I need out of this house away from these memories ... and still not found a job... but if any one relates I really could do with talking things through by PM