PDA

View Full Version : O NO ACID REFLUX????????

Caitlyn89
25-06-04, 21:12
Ok im really worried here. I dont know what it might be. I keep getting this sensation that something needs to come up. Almost like i need to burp. But i never do. Then twice i got this bad taste in my mouth. I panicked when i got it because my friend told me she gets that before she vomits. So anyway i havent brushed my tongue in awhile. I brush my teeth but not my tongue for fear of gagging. Im so scared i might have acid reflux. I heard bad side effects from this medicine you take for it. And what if it starts damaging my esphogus OR WORSE!! what if i get sick. I go into panic automatically whenever i get that sensation or when i get that taste. I hope i dont have it but what if i do??
Caitlyn

Elle-Kay
25-06-04, 21:27
I admit that I haven't heard of the particular illness (is that the right term?) that you mentioned, but I have had the icky taste before, and the feeling of wanting to burp without being able to.

I understand that this may not be a solution to your problem (I have a fear of vomiting, but only in relation to my PAs and agoraphobia, and only in public), but what I have always been told to do when I feel like this is take a dose of Andrews Liver Salts. As bad as they taste, they have never failed to settle my stomach (within a few minutes) yet! Do you get those in the USA? I don't know an equivalent, but someone else might be able to point you in the right direction.

I'm sorry I can't be anymore help, but just know that we're all here if you need to rant! :)

Caitlyn89
25-06-04, 21:32
No i dont think there is a Andrews Liver Salts in the USA....but it does help a bit that im not alone. Have you ever v'ed from it?

seh1980
25-06-04, 21:56
Hi Caitlyn,

I've had that same taste in my throat and have also felt the need to burp without being able to. Don't worry, it's not a nice feeling but it won't do you any harm!!

Sarah (seh1980)

Elle-Kay
25-06-04, 21:56
No, never :) You probably do just need to burp, but your fear of v'ing is tensing you right up, so you can't.

You could try a few sips of tonic water, when you feel it happen - I've heard that usually helps a burp along. Another thing my mum has mentioned in the past is a sip of fizzy lucozade (do you have that over there? It's a fizzy isotonic drink, like athletes use, but not like cola etc.) to settle the stomach. My mum used to do that for morning sickness.

Leah

p.s. Andrews is a white powder that you dissolve in a small glass of water and gulp down to settle indigestion, excess acid, gas etc. A bit like alka seltzer I think, but an ooooolllldddd-fashioned remedy (aren't they always the best? ;))

Caitlyn89
26-06-04, 18:10
What should i do...im afraid im going to get car sick even though i never have...i dont know how im going to get over it.

HB
29-06-04, 20:52
I get acid reflux when i panic and dont let my food go down properly. It is like a burning senstaion in your throat and then hot liquid often comes up a little, it it not harmful but from one emetaphobis to another,,, it does make you feel a little sick. Just dont get wound up and you shouldnt suffer from it xx

H

nomorepanic
29-06-04, 21:43
Just today i replied to 2 other topics about a similar thing -

read these for my views ....

tummy pains- Girls only pls. thank you. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1394)

Back Pain caused by indigestion (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1393)

The acid in the mouth is horrid isnt it?

Nicola

HB
02-07-04, 11:33
eugh, andx the more you get wound up, the more you get it. yuck!

H

lisa24
15-01-09, 00:35
Hi, I am on 2 lansoprazole tabs per day and have had an acid problem for about 2 years ans i am still waiting for an endoscopy. one of the main problems i have is stomach pains from the acid build up every morning when i wake up. its like a numb pain which goes once im up and move around. also i have an extreme tiredness all day and my eyes feel especially tired. i find it hard 2 keep certain foods down and it is a hard condition 2 live with. the tablets did work at 1st but gradually the syptoms have come back. and even though i am very tired i find it difficult 2 relax and slepp at night, and then find it difficult 2 get up in the morning. the medication has effected my bowel movement so i eat well and take 2 doses or fibresure daily which has really helpped. i have had every blood test going but all came back normal. my mind will be at rest when i know 4 sure what is causing this, when i eventually get an endoscopy on the NHS (if they ever will!!). but until then it is making me very worried and pesimistic. does anyone have similar symptoms, such as the morning pains and tiredness?? x

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

flyingalone
29-04-17, 11:51
I feel like this often. I'm waking up tired all the time too.

adventurine
29-04-17, 21:15
I get silent reflux, there's no heartburn it just starts and can last weeks and I modify my diet so nothing acidic, no milk or anything that's high in fat as it can sit in the stomach longer to digest producing more acid and upset things longer. I had an endoscopy awhile back that showed I have a hiatal hernia so I'm prone which sucks!

It helps to put some things like a stack of books under one end of the bed to help you lay at a tilt so your not lying flat, makes it harder for things to come up during the night. If your having a long term problem with acid reflux or gerd symptoms there's some really nice recipes online :) personally after experimenting I found that if I blend two banana's with a cup of unsweetened almond milk it nuetralises it when I'm having an episode.

I find I can't have anything to do with tomato's or raw onions, not too much cheese or anything like that. You just find what works for you :)

Small meals little and often so your stomach isn't full, eat at least 2 to 3 hours before you go to bed and so on. It is manageable! Don't worry!