PDA

View Full Version : Blood Clot fears again

Lollymandy
13-06-13, 14:03
:weep: I have had a catalogue of bad luck over the past few months, mainly reacting badly to the depo provera injection, which was used as a gynae treatment for me to stop my periods, it had the opposite effect and as a result I have been in hospital twice albeit overnight once and as a day case the other. I have taken noristherone tablets to help stop the bleeding and I have been told by doctors and consultants that they are safe, they have used them for over 50 years and they are progesterone only and are not thrombotic drugs, even though the small print is full of thromboembolism type horror. My whole life I have been petrified of blood clots, it prevented me using the pill as a younger woman (im 36) and I have always thought that I would get one, imagine my horror getting a phlebitis (superficial blood clot) in the back of my hand caused by the iv catheter!!!! I again have been told countless times that it is common and not to worry blah blah blah, so my worry is this, since about March time, I have had a kind of ache in the back of my knee, it is NOT swollen, NOT red, NOT Hot to touch, it is worse when I get up after sitting and better on walking round, it is not incredibly painful, it is just there........... like a feeling of a slightly pulled muscle, I have not told a doctor as I have so many other problems regarding this Depo Provera at the moment that I am embassassed to hell about all my issues, I have been to the Doctors/hospital/A&E so many times over the past few months. I am in two minds, my hubby says to just ignore it and it will go away and that it is not a DVT, but my mind is in overdrive again and I could literally weep that I am going to drop down dead at any moment :weep: