PDA

View Full Version : I'm new to this. What is wrong with me?

Jordy evans
13-06-13, 18:18
I am suffering with serve anxiety and I'm pretty sure I'm a hypochondriac. I have always been a worrier but recently since About a march I have been panicking about everything. It kinda came on out of no where, i was having a lovely evening and bam i couldnt swallow. I could feel the panic come over ne all of a sudden and i became fixated for weeks with my swallowing. It comes abs goes, ill try and swallow and it will get stuck and ill have to collect all my saliva and really think about It. Its really scary. The doctors don't seem to want to believe me because I suffer from this health anxiety. My legs and arms are weak my muscles ache especially in my right arm and leg. , I get so tired I feel like I can't carry on with the day. I was sitting an exam and I felt so tired an physically exhausted I felt like I couldn't finish it.. I keep feeling depersonalised from reality like everything is a dream.. My eyes feellike they're moving invountry abd appear blurry or twitching and simular to my jaw keeps twitching and I end up biting my tounge or my teeth smash together. It's scary. I constantly feel like my jaw is tense. This could be just anxiouy but I don't think that's just is. I generally believe I have ms but as I am only 22 they don't seem to want to give me a scan. I know I shouldn't have looked it up online and in making myself worse by doing it. I really want a MRI scan and I can't ask the doctors cos they probably won't believe me. I feel like no body believes me. Ots hard cos everyone says 'its in your head'. Im tempted to pay provatly for a mri scan but it just cost so much money. Does anyone else feel the same or know what this could be. Im a wreck. Sometimes i feel like i cant carry on, but then im scared of dying by having things such as ms or cancer. I know I have anxiety but why the sudden panic. Thank you. Jordy :(

hheavenlyangel
13-06-13, 22:11
Oh Jordy you're a mess :( I too have been exactly where you are. I suffered in silence through my teens thinking there was always something wrong with me but I never told anyone. Anxiety and Panic can hit when you least expect it ANY time of the day or night, you truly sound like you have not only health anxiety but a panic disorder - if you haven't already done it, go to another dr and tell them you know you have health anxiety - you know that right, but because of this you are in a constant state of panic. Everything you describe sounds like anxiety. Please, if your regular dr refuses to listen to you, go to another dr. You seriously need to sort this out, you cannot go day after day after day in a constant state of panic. Tired and physically exhausted... you are thinking so much its no wonder, you're concentrating on what's going on inside you - can you blame your brain to want to go - Jordy please I just need to sleep, just let me sleep so I don't have to think about everything. The depersonalization, this can happen when you're in the middle of an attack. Its like an out of body experience and can be very unpleasant, Its like everyone else is moving around you and you're observing its really strange, I used to get twitching eyes and lips - drove me nuts, I also used to get these little fuzzy things in my vision but that was when I was exceptionally stressed (which was most days....) . I, even to this day grind my teeth, my jaw is always sore and tense but its only anxiety, Just remember that Anxiety and panic disorder are treatable... Jordy, are you taking any medication for your anxiety? Not everyone likes to take medication but it can help your brain process those messages the way its supposed to. I have been on Effexor for hmmm 15 years maybe... maybe a little less and it truely made the world of difference. If you are on something, I strongly suggest you try something else as its obviously not working. Talking to a counceller in regards to how you're feeling is also a really beneficial to get those things that stress you out, OUT. Just remember you're not alone, we all know what you're going through. You're going to be ok. Just hang in there :) xxx