PDA

View Full Version : incontinence in women

shotokansho
13-06-13, 21:09
Hello everyone.

I'm only 35 and I am virtually incontenent. I am always wetting myself and constantly having to change my clothes and wash because I smell of wee all the time. It's so embarrassing, I have had to buy tenna's but I feel like a 3 year old. I have kinda always suffered with it but this last 6 months it's got considerably worse.
I can very rarely make it to the toilet, often wetting myself on the way up the stairs. I also wet if I jump, exercise, cough, sneeze or anything else that can cause tension there. They are not just dribbles either, they are often half of a wee, by the time I do get to the loo there is never much left.
I have had two kids but once when I had a smear I asked them to check and she said there was hardly a prolapse there at all and said it shouldn't be as bad as it is. And as I say the last 6 months has been much worse.
I'm so embarressed, work is a nightmare and going out as well as my karate which I have given up for the time being because I am so paranoid. Anyone else suffer with this as bad? Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kez x

Annie0904
13-06-13, 21:15
I would speak to your doctor as they are things they can do to help. maybe you just need something simple like your pelvic floor muscles strengthening. Your doctor will be able to refer you to a uroligist.

Stormsky
13-06-13, 21:17
Definitely see your doc..
My mum had same, she's much better now.

Spot-the-frog
14-06-13, 13:43
Go and chat with your GP and ask to be referred, there are so many things they can do for you. There is no need to be embarrassed with your doctor, loads of women have these problems.

shotokansho
14-06-13, 13:55
Thanks everyone...Just hate going to the docs...Has to be done though I suppose xx

---------- Post added at 13:55 ---------- Previous post was at 13:53 ----------

Just done it, Monday morning. Will let you all know how I get on xx