PDA

View Full Version : zopiclone withdrawal

yvonne.d
13-06-13, 21:46
i have been taking zopiclone for 15 years, i have now been told off my doctor that i am not allowed it anymore and he has stopped my prescription, i am now not getting any sleep at all , my doctor has said am depressed and put me on mirtazapine 30mg any advice on how i can get some sleep before i do crack up.
thanks
yvonne x

Snoodlester
13-06-13, 21:57
Can your GP do that? Surely you should taper off slowly if you've been taking them that long? I've been on zopiclone since February but have tried halving my dose but barely get 2 hours sleep. I guess you've tried relaxation, hot milky drink or herbal tea for sleep, reading, hot bath, etc? It's hell not sleeping - hope you get some sleep soon x

Edie
15-06-13, 12:20
They seem to be really cracking down on Zoplicone at the moment. I've been taking it once a week for 4 years and am no longer allowed it.

Mirtazipine will almost definitely send you to sleep! Have you tried it yet? I hope it will work for you.

Edward_1980
17-07-13, 13:21
Seriously?

Your Doctor just took you off after 15 years without any tapering? That surely can't be allowed. He can't let you suffer withdrawal symptoms, which you will get, believe me. I think you need to go back to him an explain that if he is to take you off them that you need a tapering. Good luck.

susanblack
06-12-13, 09:38
Hi there

I'm back and I have no more insomnia problems. I've used Zopiclone (http://www.meridiareductil.com/index.php/mr_en/zimovane-zopiclone-7-5-mg-brand.html) as well as Valium this summer and now I'm ok, slimming 7 hours a night and feeling great...

SarahH
07-12-13, 22:05
That is terrible.................

I have been taking Zop for 13 years I did end up taking 18mgs a night but now back down to 7.5mgs. I have NEVER slept in the last 13 years without it and my doctors know that I have a sleep disorder now and would never take me off it.
There is a theory that you can use Diazepam for a couple of weeks at night to help counter the lack of sleep . I tried that a year ago but it only helped me reduce rather than come of Zop altogether.
Zopliclone withdrawal is a serious thing to deal with....do some research and go back to your Dr................