PDA

View Full Version : Feeling down and worried

scatty_cat
04-10-06, 23:41
Hi

After having a couple of days of feeling really good I seem to have gone downhill again. I've had a cold/sore throat on and off for the last 5 weeks. The worse thing is that my ears (mainly my right one) feels all bunged up and keeps popping. I'm making it worse by keep swallowing trying to clear it plus I'm getting tense because I'm thinking that it's something more serious. Then I get a headache and worry even more.

Also I went to a BUPA doctor a couple of weeks ago because I thought that my problems could be hormonal. Had loads of blood tests done and I've got to go back on Friday. I'm really worried that there will be something wrong. The main concern is that I will have a pituitary tumour. I know it's very rare but stupidly I 'googled' and thats what I came up with.

I'm just so fed with my health being on my mind all the time. Any suggestions anyone how I can stop this?

Thanks

Two heads
04-10-06, 23:59
Owe you poor soul,you suffer with what i have and many others.The good old health anxiety!!!
I seem to have a good few days then im let down by a run of bad days.
Im sure you are fine and havet got any tumours.I have been suffering with my ears for afew months.I had an ear infection that made me def and im still slightly def months down the line.I suffer headahes as well but my doc just seems to think im blocked up and that i should inhale something to clear the old tubes!!
Good luckxxxxxx

hayles
05-10-06, 09:10
Yep i am the same.
And the winter months tend to make me worse....you are not alone!

Hay x

scatty_cat
06-10-06, 12:31
Thanks for the reassurances.

I've just been to get my results from the BUPA doc and all the hormone tests were fine. I am relieved about it.

AT least now when I get a panic attack I know that it IS just that and it will pass instead of worrying myself that it's something else.

I still find it hard to believe that anxiety/depression can cause all these strange symptoms but I suppose that part of recovering is to accept and understand it.

Sinatra
06-10-06, 14:34
Reply to scattycat

Hi Scattycat, Melissa here, I know just how you feel about the medical worries. I have been that way all of my life, it was'nt until I was diagnosed w/ OCD that I realized that it was my brain making me do this constant "worrying and what if'ing" I used to work myself up into a tizzy! One time I swore I had overian CA. the Dr. told me I'm fine, I have fibroid tumors, very common in women and treatable, but my OCD kept me going to several Dr.s w/ the same diagnoses everytime! Fibroids! Sometimes I think we need to stop & take a breath & just tell our selves that it's the anxiety thinking not me. Although 2nd oppinions are okay but 3rd 4th& 5th are rather extream. I cannot count on both hands how many times I have done this to myself, it's exhausting huh? Do you take anything for the anxiety? I do & it helps some but not always. I have good days & bad days. It's kind of weird but the anxiety tends to come & go kind of like my kids "tics" w/ their T.S. I wonder is it that way w/ you to or any other ppl. w/ anxiety???? Take care Melissa "Sinatra" USA

Melissa