PDA

View Full Version : Sudden adult death syndrome

scorpionwhispers
13-06-13, 23:30
Hiya, recently the has popped up in various media soutces and caught my attention.

I'm undecided how to deal with this. Look for stats and research whatever is worrying me is my normal way of putting things in perspective but this time I'm not sure.

Does anyone else worry about this?

Stormsky
13-06-13, 23:37
No point in worrying about it, there's not much warning, hence the title ..

hheavenlyangel
14-06-13, 01:44
Quite often a condition or a syndrome is named, reinvented, renamed etc. As interest in that particular field broadens or its is being researched more - whatever the reasons - it has always been around and just because it was first noted in 1977 it doesnt mean it has never happened before. The thing you need to focus on is, Life is precious, Live, laugh and love - be the best you can be and try not to worry about the little things. We cannot predict what is going to happen to us but we can control the way we feel about things so instead of fear, choose joy and celebrate your life. :) sending hugs your way. :)

Shivmarie
14-06-13, 10:17
from what i gathered it is to do with cardiac problems, and that regular ecgs can help detect ANY thing, i may be wrong i had a big massive panic when i read it in the paper a few weeks ago but it sort of passed x

mummyanxious
14-06-13, 11:45
I was told it was something to do with the left ventrical and that an ECG or echo would pick it up. I might be misguided though.

Shivmarie
14-06-13, 12:23
yeah mummyanxious i was under that impression, x

scorpionwhispers
15-06-13, 02:07
Thank you for your answers, they have been helpful x