PDA

View Full Version : Brain tumour anxiety bugging me :(

anxious_thoughts
14-06-13, 01:36
Hi guys, sorry to bug you all again about my brain tumour anxiety. It's at a high right now and I just would like to get some reassurance :(

I felt weak before dinner, I think it may be due to being hungry. After I ate I felt a bit better. But during, I had to get salad from the salad bar and looking down seems to have a weird affect on me. And I had to look down, so my head started to become fuzzy, my eyes started feeling weird, I started to feel a bit dizzy, and feeling nauseas and gassy. It's been about an hour now and I still feel the same. I'm so scared!! :( looking down makes me feel terrible. I don't know why. :( any advice?

Farrahcreek
14-06-13, 03:27
I get feelings like this ALL the time! And of course "brain tumor" is the first thing that comes to mind. I had spicy food for dinner today, shortly after I starting having a bit of pain in my chest.. HEART ATTACK! And then my anxiety starts to spiral outta control and I feel sick and dizzy. It's an endless circle I swear!

anxious_thoughts
14-06-13, 03:51
So glad I'm not the only one going through this!
It definitely is an endless cycle, not matter what there's ALWAYS something. Do you also have head pains and other head related symptoms?
Feel free to message me anytime

anxious_thoughts
15-06-13, 00:07
Anyone else go through this?

Shivmarie
15-06-13, 00:11
I had head clicking earlier and a few brain zaps, the first time ever though I ignored it and carried on with watching the TV, guess what they've gone. Jen try it, it might help xx

nomorepanic
15-06-13, 00:26
Jen - the more attention you give a problem the worse it gets

I know 2 people with brain tumours and you do not have one from what I know.

You also say it has been going on 10 years was it?

sam09
15-06-13, 00:39
Hey I feel like that some times with the brain tumour worry but if I had one left untreated id prob not be here. And id say u would be the same. My partners uncle had one and he only lived for 6 weeks.
I can relate with the symptoms I been having the odd off day tonight being one of them. Try not to worry/think about it but its hard to snap my head out of it. Just trying to keep my breathing right it to me getting all panicky I hate that get so worked up.

nomorepanic
15-06-13, 00:42
I meant to add that I know 2 people with brain tumours and one still has hers and is still alive and one had his removed and is still alive.

I didn't mean they had died of it!

sam09
15-06-13, 00:52
Yeah that is a good point. Does anyone know if yoga is any gd at helping with anxiety?

nomorepanic
15-06-13, 01:11
Yes it is Sam

sam09
15-06-13, 01:15
Thanks nicola will have to try it.
So stressed at the minute with work and having to move which I dont think is helping my anxiety.

Feel like i am all the time being crapped on from a big height when I think im doing ok and going the right way something happens and puts me back steps and I have to start all over again so bloody annoying.

anxious_thoughts
15-06-13, 03:18
I had head clicking earlier and a few brain zaps, the first time ever though I ignored it and carried on with watching the TV, guess what they've gone. Jen try it, it might help xx

I will, thanks for the tip. :) Doing things keeps my mind off it!

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 22:13 ----------

Jen - the more attention you give a problem the worse it gets

I know 2 people with brain tumours and you do not have one from what I know.

You also say it has been going on 10 years was it?

Hi Nicola, good to hear that you know two with brain tumours and that my symptoms are not like theirs. I've only had the head pains and ear clicking when I swallow for about 10 years, everything else has started happening in the last 3-4 years. The dizziness and weird feeling I get when looking down is the newest symptom I have, it started happening in March.

---------- Post added at 22:18 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

Hey I feel like that some times with the brain tumour worry but if I had one left untreated id prob not be here. And id say u would be the same. My partners uncle had one and he only lived for 6 weeks.
I can relate with the symptoms I been having the odd off day tonight being one of them. Try not to worry/think about it but its hard to snap my head out of it. Just trying to keep my breathing right it to me getting all panicky I hate that get so worked up.

Hello Sam, thanks for the reply!
I'm sorry to hear about your partners uncle, but I guess it does show us that our symptoms are definitely not as severe as those who have suffered or are suffering with a brain tumour.

I try so hard not to worry about it, it's just some days seem to be worse than others, and just like you I have the off day. Last night was one, and right now it's sorta the same, although it wasn't too bad all day. It seems to be the worse at night.

sam09
15-06-13, 10:30
Yeah I know how u feel its nice to know I'm not crazy and that there r ppl out there that have the same probs and that I sm not on my own

anxious_thoughts
16-06-13, 03:37
I know what you mean!
I just wish I could find out forsure if it's a brain tumour, but I know I'd be too afraid to even have scans done and wait for the results. :(

sam09
16-06-13, 10:34
The only way to do that is to get a scan. But yeah I know what u mean. U been to the docs about it? ?

Jimmy28
16-06-13, 12:47
I have the exact same symptoms, plus pain in the back of my head and I did a CT scan and everything was fine :) So, don't be afraid.

aggiecuttler
16-06-13, 14:46
hi sweetie, your symptoms are down to anxiety which is a horrible thing you are probably having panic anxiety attacks which are the worst thing, and i have found i can bring them on if i am excited or panicy its due to adrenalin if you want to pm me please do blessings

anxious_thoughts
16-06-13, 15:28
The only way to do that is to get a scan. But yeah I know what u mean. U been to the docs about it? ?

I went to the walkin clinic twice and did some blood tests, did a neurological exam, and had my blood pressure checked. He told it was anxiety and I felt a lot better from the reassurance. :)

In two weeks I have a doctors appointment with my family doctor. So I'll let you know what happens.

---------- Post added at 10:28 ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 ----------

Thanks so much Aggie and Jimmy, I love having reassurance. :)

I'm hoping its only anxiety. Definitely crossing my fingers!!