PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain

bashley
14-06-13, 07:35
Hi I've been getting really bad chest pains, it really hurts around my left breast too. I have been having lots of stresss recently, I was due to have a hysterectomy but it got cancelled at the last minute as my bp and heart rate was so high. I really need to have this operation, but they cancelled it and I've had to have a portable heart monitor and blood pressure monitor and had to have an echo and ECG test. I have suffered for years with anxiety and depression. Every symptom I get I obsess that its serious. Like my bad headaches I think it's a tumour where my doctor said its tension. Pain in my leg I think it's DVT. I keep thinking this pain is heart related it goes all through my back and my shoulder and arm ache too. If I press under my left breast it's agony my whole top half of my body feels tight like in some sort of spasm .everynow and then it burns, but sometimes when I bend down its like a sharp shooting pain across my chest. The doctors all say its anxiety but could I really feel this ill with anxiety?

nomorepanic
14-06-13, 10:03
You can get bad chest pain with anxiety but it could also be indigestion related or costochondritis

mummyanxious
14-06-13, 11:43
I'm getting the exact same symptoms as you and have been told the same thing. But I'm getting skipped heartbeats as well and can't believe it's not something developed with my heart. Strangely the twinges in my heart are at the same time as a heartbeat and feel like they're coming from my heart but they say its fine. I'm getting frustrated at not being taken seriously because they know I'm stressed and I feel they've put two and two together and dismissed me.