PDA

View Full Version : Panic attacks made me quit new job and now have no money

PunkyFish
14-06-13, 20:19
Hi

I had to leave my job a few months ago due to staff cutbacks. It took me a lot of strength to actually accept this job as I have been suffering from panic attacks/anxiety which sort of led to depression. Now I've not been to bad the last few weeks so have been looking for a job and have been on JSA since leaving my job. Now I managed to get through an interview about three weeks ago and actually got the job. I got a phone call to say that I got the job. I was told to sign off JSA and started the job on Monday. I tried my best and managed till Wednesday but ended up quitting because I had several panic attacks on the Monday, Tuesday and the Wednesday and since starting the job I've been constantly crying. I'm so disappointed in myself. I literally have no money to my name and I'm off to the doctors next Monday to discuss my med's. I can't sign back on JSA despite the panic attacks as I quit myself. I feel bad enough as it is for quitting.

I'm in my mid twenties and live with my parents so at least I have a roof over my head and food which I'm grateful for. But I have no money to pay any of my bills or get to interviews ect. I was wondering if anyone could provide any advice.

Annie0904
14-06-13, 21:05
You may be able to apply for ESA instead of JSA https://www.gov.uk/employment-support-allowance/overview

Whiskey
14-06-13, 21:09
Awww thats a shame but never mind, something else will come along when yr feeling better. Put it behind you......its just life. Pick yrself up, get some help if you wont to (im on fluoxitine) just dont dwell on it. I was having panic attacks daily until I went on prozac, things just get on top of you.....it just does! Be easy on yrself, be kind to yrself.......its easier said than done believe me I know xxxxxxxx

PunkyFish
14-06-13, 21:20
Thanks for the kind words. I'm going to the my GP next week so will discuss med's and whether I need a med change. I was wondering if with ESA you have to have a sick note before applying? I'm going to ask my GP anyway.

Whiskey
14-06-13, 21:35
Im all for medication, if it can help you take it!! Lots of people dont like the idea of it but ive never been that way. So, you do whats best for you and goodluck with it. I take 20mg of fluoxitine daily ive taken it for nearly 8 weeks and its really helped!! I have however, got thru an anxiety period without meds so anything is possible xxxx

Annie0904
14-06-13, 22:04
Yes you need to send sick notes with ESA until you have had your ATOS assessment. Once they have assessed you you don't need to send in sick notes.

Col
15-06-13, 14:16
Hi

I had to leave my job a few months ago due to staff cutbacks. It took me a lot of strength to actually accept this job as I have been suffering from panic attacks/anxiety which sort of led to depression. Now I've not been to bad the last few weeks so have been looking for a job and have been on JSA since leaving my job. Now I managed to get through an interview about three weeks ago and actually got the job. I got a phone call to say that I got the job. I was told to sign off JSA and started the job on Monday. I tried my best and managed till Wednesday but ended up quitting because I had several panic attacks on the Monday, Tuesday and the Wednesday and since starting the job I've been constantly crying. I'm so disappointed in myself. I literally have no money to my name and I'm off to the doctors next Monday to discuss my med's. I can't sign back on JSA despite the panic attacks as I quit myself. I feel bad enough as it is for quitting.

I'm in my mid twenties and live with my parents so at least I have a roof over my head and food which I'm grateful for. But I have no money to pay any of my bills or get to interviews ect. I was wondering if anyone could provide any advice.

Ahhh my heart goes out 2 U X

Hmmm when can u next sign on? Yes definately go docs & thank God your with family at a time like this

DarKBlade
15-06-13, 16:00
Hi mate, feel for you i hope that you get the ESA and that the doctor sorts your meds out, at least the positives are that you have a roof over your head and that you have food. When i am anxious i try to do practically anything to take my mind off it(not easy i know) i will go in the garden and run about or try some press ups, it takes your mind off it for a while, i also find some manual labour helps me, cutting the grass, painting the shed etc it is only temporary i know but it might take the edge off for a while and make you feel you are doing something constructive, anyway i hope you get sorted.

PunkyFish
15-06-13, 20:47
Hi everyone

Thanks all for the kind words. I've been worrying all day long today about money and my panic attacks which then brought on even more panic attacks! I wish I did not feel like this but I need to get through it and not let it control my life. Off to the doctors next week so hopefully will get things sorted out. I've been to the doctors before over the past few years about panic attacks/depression but I have a new doctor now as my other doctor retired a month ago. I'm so worried they won't believe me or he won't give me a sick note ect. I've heard all sort of things but I have to try to keep positive. Again thank you for the help.