PDA

View Full Version : Update - new blood results and GP visit

Darren1
14-06-13, 21:21
Hello

For those who are following my swollen glands story for the last 5 weeks or so!

Today I went to the hospital for my repeat blood test to check if Iron levels were still very high and bilirubin count.

I got so anxious this week about big C word that i booked a Dr appointment this afternoon so I could vent basically. I also booked another one on tuesday nex t week for the results.

Dr asked how I was feeling and i said it's been very up and down, feel like glands are getting better and then they flare up again. I outright told him that i have been walking around terrified for 2 weeks thinking I have big C.

He was quick to reassure me - he said looking at your blood results from 2 weeks ago nothing to suggest cancer. he said SOMETHING would be up in the results and everything would be the opposite of my results. He told me he would be looking for glands the size of (cant remember) but basically pretty big and protruding the skin.

Then he spotted on the computer that my blood work from this morning was already on his system! (wow well done nHS!) (heart started pounding)

Results show iron level is reducing but bilirubin slight increase again. He thinks my body is flushing something out and taking its toll on me. He said that although bilirubin is high, in terms of anyone with liver disease its TINY, like 100's times less.

Then i mentioned the insect bite on my leg that i got abroad, shortly before glands swelled up. He was aware of lyme disease and looked up some pictures online for me to recognise. I told him it looked just like that. He decided to give me some antibiotics incase it's lymes, although I havent been tested for it.

he was very reassuring about big C, i asked repeatedly about it and he just kept saying unlikely. He did tell me to keep an eye out for any weight loss etc but i think he was just 'doing his job' in that respect.

he said I do not need a referral at the moment. he wants to see me in 4 weeks time to see how im doing and if im no better then will do another blood test.

So there we have it, he isn't concerned at all i dont think. Bit nervous he wants to see me but 4 weeks is a long time to wait if he thought it was anything sinister.

for tonight I am slightly calmed and having a glass of wine. Going to start my antibiotics tomorrow, dont want to risk the alcohol stopping them working from day 1 lol.

big hugs to everyone.

Whiskey
14-06-13, 21:40
Heydarren, you suffering with health anxiety?

Shivmarie
14-06-13, 21:44
My glands have been swollen for weeks. I had bloods in April, all fine. Try keep telling me I'm run down. Should I go back to my GP?