PDA

View Full Version : Am I having a heart attack?

LuSmith
15-06-13, 07:11
Have had a weird pain since last night. Starts from my shoulder blade, radiates down my left arm (tingly pins and needles) and radiates down my left side (and into my left shoulder blade) to under my left breast. I suffer from acid reflux so thought it was this but seems different. Stressing me out as I'm worried I'm having a heart attack. Feel it more in my left shoulder blade and my hand and shoulder, and it feels horrible. Hurts when I press on it and when I move a certain way.

Anyone have any idea what it is? I can't afford to get to the hospital and idk anyone who drives :(

joelhall
15-06-13, 10:41
This sounds very much like nerve inpingement, especially if the pain worsens if you hold your arm overhead. It doesn't resemble the typical pain which occurs with cardiac events, especially as you note it hurts when pressed. You should see a doctor as soon as you can to have it properly evaluated.

Annie0904
15-06-13, 11:40
If it hurts more when you press on it then it doesn't sound like a heart attack. If it does get worse you could call 111 for advise.

Caramel
15-06-13, 12:18
I agree with Annie, if it hurts to press it, then it's not a cardiac problem xxx It's either muscular, or some kind of nerve thing. :hugs: I understand why it scared you though. Xxx

Mr m anxious
15-06-13, 17:27
No your not having heart attack, I've had the same issue for 5 months and I'm awaiting neuro appointment. It's your muscles tensing up which then put pressure on our nerves. I suffer from constant tension in my left side which I'm hoping it's just aniexty based.