PDA

View Full Version : A good night out in exchange for next day anxiety

gregcool
15-06-13, 11:09
Hi guys.does anyone think its worth a chance of a good night out drinking in exchange for anxiety the next day or two..iv got a chance to go out tonight awith family members and it will involve drinking.But i always excperiance anxiety for a couple of days..any thoughts ?
I will want to drink to blend in and let my hair down..i dont get out much so this is a chance to enjoy a night out..

joelhall
15-06-13, 11:16
Yep do it! I do regularly, anxiety be blowed! Why should we stop living as normal and sociable a life as possible because anxiety has other plans?

Annie0904
15-06-13, 11:49
I would say be careful as you are on quite a lot of medication that will be affected by the drink. Personally I wouldn't take the chance, especially when you have been doing so well. Maybe if you could drink the low alcohol lager instead?

gregcool
15-06-13, 11:56
What efects could this have Annie ?

---------- Post added at 11:54 ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 ----------

Prob be a bottle of wine and a cider...

---------- Post added at 11:56 ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 ----------

I supose i just feel i need to have some fun..last few days annie my anxiety and depresion have returned and want to have a night off from it

Annie0904
15-06-13, 12:02
I know most anti depressants and sleeping tablets advise you not to drink alcohol. They can increase the sedative effect. I understand you needing to get out and have some fun and I think you should go and do that but I would try to keep the alcohol to a minimum as it isn't going to make you feel better the few days after.

mikewales
15-06-13, 12:02
Why not go out and not drink ? it isn't compulsory, and if you can't have a good time without drinking then there is something wrong.

gregcool
15-06-13, 12:17
Thanks Guys for advice..iv never been able to go out and not drink...I allways feel bored if im not joining in while everyone around me is drinking...Iv allways liked a drink and of course the effects you get from feeling more relaxed and calm inside.as i say i used to really enjoy a good party and allways asociated drinking with being out with other drinkerd..I feel more confident and happy and im more fun to be around..so i supose i want to feel all these feelings again,esp as 3 months ago i lost my wife my home my children and now live with my sister in a strange town and every day i just get up and spend the whole day on my own with no purpose or structue in my day..i just feel i need to let my hair down for 1 night and feel alive agin..

joelhall
15-06-13, 12:18
Your original post didn't mention medication, what are you taking exactly?

gregcool
15-06-13, 12:28
Im on 250mg trazadone and 5mg of olanzipine

joelhall
15-06-13, 12:42
Certainly it's not advised to drink alcohol with either of those medications, trazadone is known to enhance the effects of alcohol and hangovers, and olanzipine with alcohol can make you feel drowsy. Usually though, alcohol increases the risk of side-effects and by the sounds of it your 'hangover' is in fact increased side-effects. Assuming you've done this before and are comfortable wth those effects I would say drink in moderation to what you usually do simply as it will cut down the severity of the side-effects - even if you do not suffer medication side-effects otherwise there will be an increased risk of them after drinking.

gregcool
15-06-13, 13:08
Yhanks Joe for your imput..i have done it before on my meds and the next day or two anxiety spike.not realy to bad hangover..im going to drink tonight ,and with the advice you all have given,im going to drink in moderation.i need to be comftable and enjoy myself tonight...but with less alcahol..

Annie0904
15-06-13, 13:31
I hope you have a good night out Greg and enjoy relaxing with your friends.

---------- Post added at 13:31 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

I'm going to see Mrs Brown's boys live tonight :D

gregcool
15-06-13, 13:42
Thanks annie.i will..how have you been.?

Em.ma
15-06-13, 13:56
Annie I'm very jealous lol . Hope you have both have good nights.
I'll be in bed with a book on my iPad :( lol

Col
15-06-13, 14:02
Hmm it's not worth it in my opinion if your already concerned about it, by all means GO but, just don't drink. Don't let drink dictate your night out or not.

Takecare X

Ohh sorry just read above post - in moderation - yep that's good if you really need to relax when you go out, just be careful.

Annie0904
15-06-13, 14:02
I have been a lot better thanks Gregg, still not sleeping very good but every few nights I get a good sleep so it is improving.

gregcool
15-06-13, 14:18
Thats good to hear Annie..i cant believe a couple of months ago i had terable insomnia..its the olanzipine that keeps me in my all night sleep.prehaps you could speek to your doc about some..5mg at night...my sister had one of mine the other night as she has not been sleeping well..she slept all night...ylu never know Annie..like me it might just help you to

Annie0904
15-06-13, 14:49
Sometimes when I am desperate for sleep I take 2mg Diazepam and that helps me to sleep.

gregcool
15-06-13, 20:06
Its good Annie you can turn to help when u need to..one day we will all be rid of anxiety.i hope so

Annie0904
15-06-13, 20:56
We will Greg we just have to keep those positive thoughts :)

AuntieMoosie
15-06-13, 21:08
Hi Greg,

Just go careful with the alcohol if you really have got to drink it at all that is.

I certainly wouldn't have any spirits of any sort, try to stick to something that doesn't contain too much alcohol.

Also it might be wise if you leave off the Quetiapine just for tonight in case it makes you too sleepy.............oh how I'd love to be sleepy!! lol

So have a good night but do take care and watch what your drinking :)

gregcool
16-06-13, 08:36
Thanks.Auntie. well i went out had fun had a few drinks and bed by 12..woke up this morning around 7am...no hangover or any kind of odd side effect..feel fine..so that whent well in the end...must admit the hardest part of the night was to socialize..found this hard to talk to anyone.esp my own family..iv spent far to long on my own company and isnt helping me with my confidence or social skills..i got up and sang wuth the band which went really will .so overall not the best night out.but good to get out

Annie0904
16-06-13, 11:27
Greg I am pleased you feel well this morning. Well done for singing with the band!! That took some courage!

AuntieMoosie
16-06-13, 11:51
I'm glad you had a good night out Greg with no bad after effects :)

Sparkle1984
16-06-13, 13:46
I still go out, I just have soft drinks.. I can still enjoy myself.:)

joelhall
16-06-13, 13:46
Nice job mate. Same can't be said for me, went to my best friend's for her birthday and am hanging like **** today... :weep:

gregcool
16-06-13, 13:58
Thanks guys and sorry joe to hear you feel crap..i feel a little heavy today but nothing to bad.just drinking plenty of water to hydrate.got up and sang last night yes.but did feel anxious as hell.but it was worth it...last couple of days i have focused on my situation more.so am going back to the doctors to see if i can get 2.5mg of olanzipine for daytime as this did help to dull my thoughts more

dogsandtea
16-06-13, 15:59
I always do this, like someone else said... not going to give into the anxiety that it ruins my life anymore. I'm on sertraline and get drunk very quickly and my hangovers are terrible. but it's worth it most of the time!! just don't over do it, learn what makes you sick. Haha.

Being sick from alcohol on sertraline/or citalopram is the worst thing ever. Feel so shit for days! X

gregcool
16-06-13, 16:04
Hi Dog..well thats my path.i know its not good to drink on meds i realy do.But ! Sometimes you just have to go out and have fun in what ever way you need.just to excperianc life as you used to know it.