PDA

View Full Version : In need of reassurance/help

Amy-1988
15-06-13, 18:26
Hi everyone, I am completely new to this and have never been on a forum before, but I'm at my wits end. Over the past months I have have had a few medical issues including gall stones and a lump in my liver which turned out to be a benign heamangioma! I am constantly worried about my health obsessed that I'm dying and that I'm going to be taken away from my three year old daughter! I was in hospital for head pain last week and various tests were taken, ct scan of my head and a lumbar puncture which came back fine, also full bloods which showed elevated white blood cells which I'm now worried about! Yesterday the doctor prescribed me with citatalopram which I'm too scared to take? I'm so frightened that something is seriously wrong and that it's not being noticed! My main symptom ATM is that I am so exhausted I find it hard to get though the day, this worsens in the afternoon where I'm almost no good for anything! I then get a little relief before I start the process of worrying about bedtime, my final issue is that I feel sick most of the time? The doctors believe it is anxiety/ depression? Any thoughts would be great I'm just desperate to stop feeling like this? Xx

Stormsky
15-06-13, 18:41
Hi Amy,
Anxiety definitely will cause feelings of exhaustion ..
Did you get explanation for white blood cell elevation?
I'm no fan of meds, so can't advise on the cit.
Being obsessed with dying thoughts will also cause your body all sorts of conflicts , which will result in anxiety and symptoms.

chantelle
15-06-13, 19:06
this does sound like anxiety....try not to panic about your symptoms & try to concentrate on the positive aspects of your life xxx

Amy-1988
15-06-13, 19:23
The doctor suggested that the elevated white blood cells may be due to any sort of infection or bacteria and wasn't worried about them, the trouble is because of my state of mind I can't seem to take in what I'm being told and go round in circles coming back to the same conclusion that I'm dying and that my tiredness ect is my body winding down, I just wish I could combat it without the use of antidepressants? Anyone else suffering the same?

Sparkle1984
18-06-13, 13:49
Welcome to the forums, I'm on cit for anxiety and depression too (its actually my second time) and I'm finding it helpful along with cbt techniques. Come to the citalopram subforum and join in some of the threads. You'll also see my diary thread on there too. :)

aggiecuttler
18-06-13, 14:33
starting tablets can be a hurdle but they will help you no end so try to give them ago they will level you out, good luck blessings