PDA

View Full Version : Stomach issues

hopeforthebest13
16-06-13, 06:13
I've been having a lot of stomach issues for the past year. Anytime I eat I feel the urge to go to the bathroom within 5 minutes. I sometimes have the runs other times it just passes easily. I haven't been constipated, as I will pass at least two poops a day. I went to the doctor bc I thought I had gallbladder issues so I had a ultrasound and they said everything was fine. At that time I weighed 200pds and she suggested I change my diet and avoid grease. I did that for a few months maybe until March and I lost weight but I believe that it was due to actually eating healthy which I never ever did bc I was a major picky eater and only ate frozen pizza or meats and junk food. It was the typical college kid diet of bad food that I believe helped me weigh 200. Since eating healthy I still had stomach aches and my stomach would gargle loudly and I'd just feel like I had to go to the bathroom at a moments notice. Well it dawned on me that it was breaded foods that seemed to make me feel those urges so I cut out bread and I actually felt better and had more what I'd consider normal poops. So I've been gluten free for about 2 months and I've been on and off with my stomach. Some days I feel fine while others I feel like I'm at square one again. I do believe I have the slight skin rash with gluten on my shoulder (keratosis pilaris) but I do not break out in hives or anything rash looking. I'm currently weighing in the 180pds and I lost weight in my face. I'm still worried but not at the same time bc I am eating healthier than I have in my entire life. I'm hoping someone had the same issues or suggestions.

---------- Post added at 05:13 ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 ----------

Also a part of me thinks it could be chrons? I have neck aches that I believe are lymph nodes but they are not large and bulging out of my neck. They are tender once and awhile, and I've had the groin ones become tender but only for A day maybe. This could be related to myself freaking out bc when I make that terrible mistake of diagnosing myself via Google I see only the worse things. I must note that I've had no fever, sore throat, rash, night sweats and haven't puked or felt like I have the flu. Its mainly digestive issues when eating. I suppose it could be ibs or anxiety (I'm a over thinker / worrier) bc my grandpa has stomach issues as well without and idea what causes them.

Please help? Lol

Annie0904
16-06-13, 11:21
It sounds to me that it could be ibs which is one of the common problems with anxiety sufferers.

joelhall
16-06-13, 14:32
I wouldn't think the neck pain is related, if you cannot feel the swollen glands/nodes, however as you mention nodes becoming swollen for a day or so, it makes me think the reason ight be that you keep checking them!
It is possible it may be coeliac, and a simple blood test coud confirm this (although you should really resume eating gluten-containing foods beforehand), or perhaps gluten-sensitivity. It doesn't sound like Crohn's from your description. Of course it may simply be down to diet - fructose is a well known cause of diarrhea, for example, when taken in large quantities (such as a bottle of fruit juice). It's never a bad idea to have this checked out.

hopeforthebest13
16-06-13, 17:53
Thank you for the replies, I just woke up and already my stomach is feeling like I need to have a bowel movement. I haven't ate since last night. I tend to not eat first thing in the morning bc I feel my gut rumbling. But after an hour or so I'll eat and right after I'll have to goto the bathroom and I'll feel better. I usually have solid movements or little solid pieces (sorry it's gross just trying to get the point across) but never straight up water. So I'm assuming it's not the runs unless it's all water ?

---------- Post added at 16:53 ---------- Previous post was at 16:49 ----------

And I agree I need to go back to the doctor, I figured everything was fine after I started eating glut free and I thought I had it all figured out without any tests bc I did feel better. But lately I have had a bad stomach ache again. Sometimes I feel it like a cramp pain in my lower right ab region near my ribs

joelhall
16-06-13, 18:11
Loose movements aren't really the same thing as diarrhea per se. Diarrhea involves loss of water from the gut. Morning urgency isn't that rare an occurance with most bowel problems, as getting up means gravity 'assists' everything on the way down, and muscle contractions of the gut push things along nicely.

Rebecca Wright
17-06-13, 10:18
Hi

Reading through this thread the company I work for maybe able to help - they offer free factsheets, plus a free Ask the expert service.

Just complete the form and a medical expert will answer your question in 24-48hours - unfortunately I can't give a direct link. If you search Google for AXA PPP Ask the expert - you should find it.

Just a thought...hope it helps.

Rebecca from AXA PPP healthcare

hopeforthebest13
18-06-13, 10:39
Fair enough I just worry bc of the weight loss. My face area below the cheeks really thinned out but I'm assuming it's due to my diet change. I have returned back to eating gluten free foods after a few days of eating breaded food and I must say I did feel a bit better. Also with my neck it's tender pain in the back on both sides seem tender, maybe stress or allergies?

---------- Post added at 09:39 ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 ----------

On a side note my hands are falling asleep but only when I'm laying down with my phone or sitting playing on my phone. Maybe it's the position but it's something I've noticed. It doesn't happen during the day while I work or am active. And from time to time I'll see notice a blur in my left eye for a moment and then it will go away . It's typically when I'm outside with the sun.