PDA

View Full Version : Help

belliott
16-06-13, 06:21
I am seeing a girl with anxiety/panic,... and I am trying to learn what I can do to help her and how I need to handle things. this is new to me and I am really lost. I really care about her and would do anything!

bagpuss75
16-06-13, 09:26
She's a very lucky girl to have someone who wants to understand. Have you asked her about it?
From my experiences, I would say just to listen to her and hold her. Be patient. It will pass, episodes do pass.
My ex used to try and 'solve' things for me, which really didn't help! However, everyone's different.

Granny Primark
16-06-13, 09:38
Have loads of patience, sit and listen, give praise and assurance that shes not going mad, give out praise when shes done something, tell her not to worry about tomorrow and give her loads of encouragement.
I agree with bagpuss she is so very lucky to have you.
Its obvious you are a very caring person and that you care about her loads.
Good luck. x

belliott
17-06-13, 02:43
She's a very lucky girl to have someone who wants to understand. Have you asked her about it?
From my experiences, I would say just to listen to her and hold her. Be patient. It will pass, episodes do pass.
My ex used to try and 'solve' things for me, which really didn't help! However, everyone's different.

Thank you so much! Yes we have talked about and that is why I am here! :) I think the hardest part for me is "not knowing" what she wants when it happens, does she want me to touch her or not, that sort of thing! She just Told me to ask her what she wants! So that is what I do!!

---------- Post added at 20:43 ---------- Previous post was at 20:38 ----------

Have loads of patience, sit and listen, give praise and assurance that shes not going mad, give out praise when shes done something, tell her not to worry about tomorrow and give her loads of encouragement.
I agree with bagpuss she is so very lucky to have you.
Its obvious you are a very caring person and that you care about her loads.
Good luck. x

Thank you!! This a really wonderful site! Glad she told me about it! I always give praises and tell her what a wonderful and beautiful person she is!! I will be there for her anyway I can, it's something she has never had before, the attention, caring and somebody wanting to learn WITH her and I think it scares her a little because she is not used to it! But she will!!! Thank you so much!!!

Granny Primark
17-06-13, 03:04
Just tell her please that we are here for her.:hugs::hugs::hugs:
This site and its members have been my lifeline for the last few years.