PDA

View Full Version : New on here from N.Z.

Oakly
16-06-13, 09:09
Hi...Kiora:)
I have just stumbled across this site even though I have struggled with panic/anxiety/agrophobia for what seems like a life time. I have hit rock bottom and over a long period of time I have crawled my way back and I am now living a happy life....I have overcome almost all my anxieties, all except the one situation that triggered my first overwhelming panic attack. It was on a short flight, and ironically I had a passion for flying prior to this experience. But the severity of this first panic chipped away at me until my whole life was but a speck of what it had been.
That was 25 years ago! Since then, I have created a new life for myself, re trained and am enjoying the rewards of a challenging career.
BUT...I have to get on a plane again. I have to fly to my daughter's graduation....I am so frightened everything I have worked so hard to overcome will crumble down.... I am scared of going back to being house bound. i am scared i won't be able to fly home again....HELP?

crosser
16-06-13, 11:16
cant you take something to calm you right down before the flight?

Vanilla Sky
17-06-13, 13:26
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Spot-the-frog
17-06-13, 15:26
As this is a one off experience I would chat to my doctor and see if they could give you something like diazapam just for these flights?

Is there any other way of getting to the graduation other than flying?